Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Beginner Question: Standalone Unite Hub, can I run VC software on same PC?

JHorn4
Beginner

Before I will buy Unite Hub compatible PC let me make sure, that I enable anything correct.

My scenario is to setup an standalone Unite Hub. This Unite Hub should be running as a server where useres sent their screen presentations too. At the Unite Hub the server software should be running in background and I want to run VC software (WebRTC, Zoom, Skype, ...). Is this possible as a use case?

How CPU intensive is Unite Hub software?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello JeiBie,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you have an inquiry regarding using the Intel® Unite stand alone and VC software like Skype for example. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Regarding using the VC software, it is possible, however it will use more of the available resources of the PC, Nevertheless, Intel® Unite does not use many resources itself.

Now, it is recommendable to check the "settings" of the Intel® Unite Stand Alone settings so you can change the program from "full screen", remove the check from it and then you will be able to properly use your PC while running the Intel® Unite Hub in the background.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JeiBie,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you have an inquiry regarding using the Intel® Unite stand alone and VC software like Skype for example. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Regarding using the VC software, it is possible, however it will use more of the available resources of the PC, Nevertheless, Intel® Unite does not use many resources itself.

Now, it is recommendable to check the "settings" of the Intel® Unite Stand Alone settings so you can change the program from "full screen", remove the check from it and then you will be able to properly use your PC while running the Intel® Unite Hub in the background.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeiBie,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JHorn4
Beginner

Hi David,

sorry for my late reply, was not able to respond earlier.

As a followup to my first question: I want to install standalone Unite Hub. According to

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_SmallBusiness_User_Guide.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_SmallBusiness_User_

no Plugin Installation is possible? (See page 5) Want to install Logitech and Zoom Plugins.

If thats right, is the only workaround to Install Unite Enterprise solution?

If this is correct, do you have an overview of Enterprise and Educational solution?

Thanks and best regards

Juergen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeiBie,

Thank you for your response,

I understand that you are interested in our Intel® Unite Enterprise, however I do not understand the question correctly.

Are you looking for a link to download the software or are you looking for a user manual for example? If that is the case please refer to the user manual in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Enterprise_Deployment.pdf

Also, depending on the unit that you will be using to implement Intel® Unite, the OEM releases a version that can be downloaded from their website, for example Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. It all depends on what unit you will be using to implement the Intel® Unite.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JeiBie,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos