1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 5:28 AM by mtruchado

HD4400 not able to detect internal screen on my laptop in win 10 after the screen was changed

mtruchado

Hi

The screen of my laptop is broken and I replaced It. The replacement was exactly the same display but the hw. revision was slightly different. It is an IPS AU Optronics 1080p panel. Since I changed the panel, the laptop is not able to detect the display using Win 10. I did some research and I'm 99,9% sure that this is a driver issue, here are my results:

OpenSuSE 42.3 - works perfectly, even HDMI, mini display port and audio over these interfaces

OpenSuSE 42.2 - works perfectly, even HDMI, mini display port and audio over these interfaces

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS - works perfectly, even HDMI, mini display port and audio over these interfaces

Windows 10 using Microsoft Basic display adapter - internal screen works, mini display port and HDMI does not work

Windows 10 using 2015 driver provided by Microsoft - internal screen works, however the brightness is so dark that It is almost impossible to see anything, and the internal brightness control does not work. Mini display port and HDMI work either, audio over these interfaces also works ok

Windows 10 using latest 15.40.37.4835 drivers - internal screen is not recognized, mini display port and HDMI works perfectly, when I look at the control panel, only one screen (the external one) is recognized (Dell Monitor), however, there is no "Generic PNP Monitor" entry for the internal screen. Intel control panel is not able to detect more displays, only the external monitor is detected.

System information

Acer v5-573g using intel i5 4.200U, latest bios is already installed. Screen is AU Optronics 1080p IPS panel, the same one that came with the laptop originally, but the hw revision is higher.

1 2 3 Previous Next