2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2018 12:52 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

NUC7i5BNH Dual Monitors

idona89

Hello,

I’m interesting with buying Intel NUC PC, But I don’t know how to connect 2 monitors and if its possible.

I saw that NUC7i5BNH having 1 HDMI output, And 1 USB 3.1output.

One monitor can be connected via HDMI output.

For the second monitor I need to buy a USB3.1 TO HDMI cable? The adapter is included in the box?

What are my options to connect the second monitor (And what i need to buy)?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: NUC7i5BNH Dual Monitors
          N.Scott.Pearson

The kit includes nothing external to the chassis. You need to provide the cables and any necessary adapters to connect the monitor's. In the case of the USB-C (USB 3.1) connector, you need an adapter that will separate the DisplayPort signal from the USB signal and either directly output it (for connection to DisplayPort interface on monitor) or convert it into a HDMI signal (for connection to HDMI interface on monitor).

There are a number of good quality adapters that you can purchase. To ensure it supports the future, look for a USB-C-to-HDMI adapter that supports 4K at 60Hz. Then, use a HDMI cable that is compliant with the HDMI 2.0a or later specification (you need two of these). Note that it is also possible to purchase a USB-C-to-HDMI cable that has the same circuitry as this adapter built right into the cable.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: NUC7i5BNH Dual Monitors
            N.Scott.Pearson

Here are some examples:

Here's a standard adapter: Amazon.com: USB-C to HDMI 2.0 (Thunderbolt 3, 4K@60Hz) Adapter

Here's a standard cable: Amazon.com: USB-C to HDMI 2.0 (Thunderbolt 3, 4K@60Hz) Cable

I haven't used these items specifically, but have used other adapters from this vendor without issue.

Hope this helps,

...S