Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

2nd Monitor can only be driven/detected by Nvidia, Intel do not detect it.

AEgit
Novice

Hello.

I have latest inspiron 7577 with intel HD 630 + Nvidia gtx 1060.

Here is the problem. 2nd monitor on hdmi output can not be detected by intel igpu. It can only be detected with nvidia Thus, both graphics cards are active when plug hdmi to 2nd monitor.

When i disable gtx 1060, I receive no signal 2nd monitor no matter what i tried.

Below screenshot, It is WHAT ADVERTISED FROM INTEL.

Can you not look for further details on that problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

And, all of this monitor support is dependent on what is implemented in the DELL BIOS. Check the bios for video settings, and contact Dell support for assistance with this.

Also, check if you have the latest dell bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
AEgit
Novice

I do not accept that as an answer. Sorry.

Chipset is yours. There is not a single option on bios about "video settings"

And again This is not an answer.

If any manufacturer "change" making your chipset less capable, it is your problem too.

Intel blame HP before on same problem on this forum. Here it is:

And guess what, HP denies.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, it is the only answer you will get today, so make the most of it.

Would it hurt you to check if you have the latest bios?

Would it hurt you to check with Dell support?

Does anyone else on the DELL forum have this problem, or is it unique to you and your setup?

Your processor supports 3 monitors. If it did not, everyone using that processor with 3 monitors would be complaining about the processor, or the graphics driver.

Stop your arguing, check DELL for a bios update, use the DELL graphics driver, and check with DELL support.

And, for that link that you threw in my face, did you bother to read post # 14?

If you can stop the attitude, and come back with some helpful information, we will be glad to assist you. But, stop the blame game and try to cooperate.

And, try to have a Happy New Year.

Doc

0 Kudos
AEgit
Novice

Again.

I did not mention what did you suggest because i had already done them. Bios updated, drivers from dell etc.

About dell support, there is only community forum which looks like dell dont care there. And yes i wrote them.

About everyone;

Literally everyone yelled at you about this problem: and what changed lately?

Right now I found at least 3 manufacturer has that problem which somehow makes your intel hd 630 less capable, not as advertised.

If you need proof, I'll provide you soon.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No one yelled at me in that thread because I have not participated in that thread. And, why mention a thread that has no connection to this thread, unless you just want to argue.

So, Dell does not care, or are they simply tired of your attitude?

Did you read post # 14? /message/485554# 485554 Re: Intel HD 630 cannot detect second monitor with latest driver as I asked you to do?

Sure, provide your proof. It will be entertaining and better than your ranting and raving.

I suggest you try the decaf, take a break, and drop all the attitude and anger. It serves no purpose to so confrontational.

Doc

0 Kudos
AEgit
Novice

I dont have an anger. It is funny actually.

****This part of post rejected for offensive text by Al Hill******

Problem talked on dell, lenovo and hp forums. No fix provided yet. No ACK on the problem and probably no investigation going on the issue.

****This part of post is also rejected for offensive text by Al Hill******

Al_Hill And yes i read that post. It provides no info at all. There is some intel guy suggesting that "MAYBE hdmi output directly connected to nvidia graphics card". I really do not find this information helpful at all.

Anyway here is sum;

• Intel HD 630 cannot detect 2nd monitor on hdmi output on certain models of certain manufacturers (mine is dell, i found same issue on hp, lenovo forums and some local brand)
  • Common features of these laptops that They have igpu as intel and discreate nvidia graphics card.
  • 2nd Monitor can only be detectable by nvidia discreate card which makes both graphics card enabled on same time, also there exist performance and battery issues on this multimonitor configuration.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, let me summarize...

You have what is called a hybrid graphics solution. All initialization of this solution is provided by the platform BIOS and all coordination between the drivers for the two graphics solutions is provided by customizations made to these drivers by the platform provider. Replacing the customized drivers with standard drivers for either or both of these graphics solutions could result in failures within this coordination. Driver updates *must* thus be supplied by the platform provider. Further, because of the customizations made, any issues that are occurring during solution interaction - including monitor detection - are the responsibility of the platform provider to investigate. If they can show that Intel's driver plays a role in this issue, then they (not you!) will escalate this issue to Intel for address.

Bottom line, take your bad attitude and your potty mouth and go bug your platform provider for a solution. It is their responsibility.

I am terminating this discussion.

...S

0 Kudos