1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 3:14 PM by Max Novohackiy

6i5SYH no video signal

Max Novohackiy

Hello. I bought on ebay 6i5syh. The seller sent to another country with assurances that everything is working.

1. Got the goods, inserted the RAM (HMA451S6AFR8N-TF NO AC), turned on - the blue diode is on, there is no video signal for hdmi.

The seller says that the problem is in the RAM.

2. I bought and installed Crucial RAM. No Video signal.

3. I buy an adapter with a minidisplay port on hdmi. No video signal.

4. Inserting back HMA451S6AFR8N-TF NO AC - Power LED is blinking in a pattern of three.

5. HDD indicator dont blink.

Prompt please - whether there is a chance to revive nuc?

P.S.: I appeal in support of intel. Since I am not the first owner, I do not have the right to a guarantee. intel congratulated me on the purchase of a beautiful alumna useless box.

• 1. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Max Novohackiy,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter. 

The LED pattern you are seeing is related to memory, and for this specific scenario you can try the following suggestions: 

• Remove and reinstall the memory modules to make sure they are fully seated in the sockets.
          • If you installed two memory modules, try removing one of them.
          • If you installed one memory module in an Intel NUC that has two memory slots, try moving it to the other memory slot.
          • A pattern of three LED blinks during boot can indicate defective memory. To isolate a specific module as defective, boot the system with just one installed at a time. You can also try testing suspected defective memory in a different computer. 

What is the part number of the Crucial RAM you tested?

Try booting the Intel® NUC without any memory sticks in order to check if you get the LED pattern too.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
            Max Novohackiy

Hello. Without any memory sticks i get the LED pattern too and sound signal. Tomorrow I will be able to try more RAM - Kingston KVR21S15S8/4.

Crucial CT4G4SFS824A

I do not understand a few points:

1. Why is there no video signal and should it be without RAM?

2. Why did SK hynix at first not issue errors, and then ceased to be determined?

3. Why does not the hard disk indicator work?

At me on one assumption - something does not allow 6i5syh to pass all required tests before start (((((((

• 3. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Bear in mind that the memory supported in this Intel® NUC is DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM only, other frequencies and types will not work.

Will answer in the same order you posted;

1. The reason why there is no video could be related to the memory, the RAM is needed in order to run the Intel® NUC.
              2. You need to check this with the RAM manufacturer, it could be a matter of hardware but only them can comment since it's their product.
              3. You should see LED activity as soon as the disk starts to run.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 4. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                Max Novohackiy

I understand correctly:

1.Kingston KVR21S15S8/4 - right choice

2.Crucial CT4G4SFS824A  - incorrect choice

????????

• 5. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                  Max Novohackiy

Today I tried Kingston KVR21S15S8 and the adapter minidisplayport - displayport - there is no video signal. What to do next I do not know (((((((

• 6. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                    lw1948

1. I don't understand from your description what is your setup? Why you are using adapter minidisplayport - displayport? If your monitor have DP socket, use cable mini DP to DP (without adapter). The Kingston memory you are using is compatible to your NUC.

2. What monitor are you using?

3. The problem may be in your BIOS which may be corrupted. So, my advise in this situation is to perform BIOS recovery: BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC

3.1 Start with preparing USB stick, fully (rather than quick format) formatted to FAT32. Save on it the latest bios file SY0063.bio: Download BIOS Update [SYSKLi35.86A] . And important - use full format (it takes long time).

3.2 Try to recover BIOS from the Power Button menu.

3.2.1 Inset USB with BIOS file into USB slot and press and hold the Power Button for about 3 seconds. You should release the Power Button soon as the power led changes color from blue to amber. NUC will reboot into Power Button Menu. With the USB containing the latest bios file, press F4 and the recovery shall start.

3.3. If the Power Menu will not appear, try to recover your BIOS from Configuration menu. Follow these steps:

3.3.1. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom cover from your NUC.

3.3.2. Remove the yellow security jumper and close the bottom cover.

3.3.3. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. If the memory, cable and monitor are working you shall see the Configuration Menu - similar to the attached image.

3.3.4. If you see this menu, NOW insert  USB stick (prepared before) with the latest bios file - SY0063.bio

3.3.5. Press F4 and the bios recovery will start after some time and will end after 2 -5 minutes.

3.3.6. When bios recovery completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper.

If you don't see the Configuration Menu after waiting 2 minutes, you have problem with the video output .

Hope this will help

• 7. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                      Max Novohackiy

There are two questions.

1.If you insert a flash drive in usb, then the flash drive should earn a diode?

2.If you connect a usb keyboard, then the CapsLock key should light up the diode?

My monitor - iiyama PL2942hsu-b1

I dont have cable mini DP to DP((((((((

• 8. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                        lw1948

1. Yes, if the Flash Drive is equipped with LED, the LED is illuminated. Some times, momentarily as a activity light - showing reading or writing (for example in SanDisk Ultra USB). Some times the LED is constantly illuminated when inserted (for example SanDisk micro cruzer).

2. If you have CapsLock key depressed, the diode will light. If you release CapsLOck, the light shall go OFF.

3. Couldn't find spec for your monitor, but better don't use adapter ( this adapter may be not compatible). Use direct cable connection, if you don't have DP cable use HDMI.

Leon

• 9. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                          Max Novohackiy

I do not have a diode activity on a flash drive, not a keyboard.

• 10. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                            lw1948

Did you try to recover BIOS?

Leon

• 11. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                              Max Novohackiy

usb dont work

• 12. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                                lw1948

???? You mean that you can not prepare USB with BIOS file?

Leon

• 13. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                                  Max Novohackiy

I can and i do)))))))))))) But I never got a video signal. I do not have usb ports and hard drive (((((((((((((

All Happy New Year !!!! Happy Holidays.

• 14. Re: 6i5SYH no video signal
                                    lw1948

Dear Max

Happy New Year!

Leon

1 2 Previous Next