Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Bluetooth Driver Code 19 (incomplete or damaged registry entries)

DPart1
Beginner

I've just updated to Windows 1709 (Creator Edition Fall Update) and installed latest BT drivers (BT_20.0.0_64_Win10) for AC7260 wireless.

It works fine for a few shutdown/reboot or hibernate/resume cycles but soon the Device is shown in Device Manager with the dread yellow exclamation mark, and display of properties reports:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Strangely the driver version is displayed as 19.41.0.1 ???

If I uninstall the driver and reinstall (Scan for Hardware Changes or reboot), then it will work again for a while.

Any suggestions as to how this problem can be circumvented?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello perdrix,

We understand you're having issues with the Bluetooth® module of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, resulting in an Error Code 19 on Device Manager.

The reason why your adapter is showing driver version 19.41.0.1 is because what you download is a software package containing the latest drivers for all of our active wireless adapters. This will result in a different driver version being installed depending on your adapter model, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html more info.

The recommended troubleshooting for this error code is to perform a clean installation of the device drivers.

1. Open Device Manager > Bluetooth® > Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0

2. Right click on your adapter and choose to Uninstall, if given the option, select to "Delete the driver software for this device."

3. Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or Apps & Features in Windows* Settings. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology.

4. Reboot.

5. Download and install the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27391/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10, version 20.10.0

Please let us know if this resolves the error.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
hugodz28
Beginner

Hi,

I know this is a couple years old. But I have the same problem. I have a Dell XPS 15 and I installed a Intel AX200 Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 and blueetooth card. Installed the latest drivers as indicated above. But every time I restart the computer, the bluetooth device has failed and I need to "uninstall" it from the Device Manager, scan for changes and it gets reinstalled. It works after that, but it is frustrating having to do that every time I turn on the computer, or once in a while even if it hasn't restarted. Please help, it has been a couple of years dealing with this issue.

Driver installed on 06/17/22: BT-22.140.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello perdrix,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Did our troubleshooting help resolve the issue?

If the problem continues, please generate and share a complete report using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

Note: To enable attachments, make sure to use the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos