Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Touchscreen function lost with Windows 10 creators update

LCaqu
Beginner

After updating Windows 10 to the creators update I have lost the touchscreen function on my Acer E5-573T-59RC laptop. I have ruled out any hardware malfunctions by reinstalling Windows 10 prior to the creators update and regained the touchscreen ability of my laptop. Is there an Intel driver update that will correct this issue? The laptop is running the Intel HD Graphics 5500; driver version 10.18.15.4248 driver date 8/4/15. Any help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You will need to contact Acer support for assistance with this issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
LCaqu
Beginner

Update: I went ahead and reinstalled windows 10, took all updates and the touchscreen function continued to work. I ran into issues when I ran Driver Booster, after installing Driver Booster and running a scan, I was told by the software that a couple of drivers were outdated and that's when the trouble started. Unaware that my problems in the past were caused by Driver Booster, I went ahead and took the updates and after the updates I once again lost the touchscreen function. After I restored to a previous save I regained all touchscreen function. I was forced to troubleshoot this issue on my own because Acer support was no help in resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad you got it working.

Also, third party tools such as Driver Booster, are not recommended. You never know what they may install and what payloads they contain. They are a plague and they prey on users.

Doc

0 Kudos