6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 5:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Rainbow static flickering

DtheSecond

Hi, updated my i7-6300U HD 520 to version 22.20.16.4771, and now I'm getting the rainbow static described in HD 630 Resume From Standby Screen Flickering , but it's my understanding that it should've been solved? It's definitely not solved on my laptop

• 1. Re: Rainbow static flickering
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello DtheSecond 

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are having a display problem. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

You are correct this problem has been resolved but in a more recent driver version. To apply this fix on your laptop you will need to update your graphics driver to the latest version.

If you need assistance to update the driver please let me know what version of Windows you are using.

Regards,

Leonardo 

• 2. Re: Rainbow static flickering
            DtheSecond

Hi Leonardo, I am running Windows 10. I tried updating the driver from the device manager interface, but no dice. Is there another way to update that I'm not aware of?

• 3. Re: Rainbow static flickering
              Intel Corporation

Hello

Thank you for your response, and the information provided, I apologize for the inconvenience,  

I recommend you to try to do the installation again with the device manager, but this time following these steps:
              1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27355/a08/win64_15.60.01.4877.zip
              2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
              3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
              4. Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
              5. Expand the Display adapters section.
              6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
              7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
              8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
              9. Click "Have Disk".
              10. Click "Browse".
              11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
              12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
              13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
              14. Reboot your computer.

And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

Regards,

Leonardo

• 4. Re: Rainbow static flickering
                Intel Corporation

Hello DtheSecond

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C

• 5. Re: Rainbow static flickering
                  DtheSecond

Oh I apologize, I've been busy trying to find a co-op. The solution worked perfectly, thank you so much

• 6. Re: Rainbow static flickering
                    Intel Corporation

Hello DtheSecond

Thank you for your response

I am glad to know we have found a solution for your problem, I will like to share with you that I will close the case, before I do so, let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Leonardo C