Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Settings of power in HD Grpahics Control Pannel gets changed automatically while plugging and unplugging charger

SMitt1
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I am using Acer V nitro from many months. There is some strange problem with power settings in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

The problem is "display power setting technology in battery section" is getting "automatically enabled" while "plugging or unplugging "the charger. Same thing is happening with the "selection of profile".

Please suggest a permanent solution so that my heavy investment on this laptop will not get wasted. Also It is creating a very bad customer experience.

Thanks,

Shivin Mittal

UX Designer

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to ask Acer why they are doing this. This is not part of the base Intel HD Graphics driver as far as I know...

...S

0 Kudos
SMitt1
Beginner

Dear Sir,

I have visited acer service centers many times for this problem but unfortunately they are not able to figure out this issue. Even I could search and find it on internet. Its very sad and disappointing that companies like acer makes expensive products with poor customer service support. This is pathetic and miserable.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support communities,

I understand that you are having problems with the HD Graphics Control Panel, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Now, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach to this thread the report.

To attach a file, you must click "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand the response box.

Once we have this information we will be able to look into it to find a solution for your problem.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
SMitt1
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for replying and PFA required report.

Regards,

Shivin Mittal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

Thank you for your response,

I was reviewing the DxDiag file sent and I can see that the OEM driver is rather old as it was released in 2014, I also researched and was unable to find any driver for your current computer aside from that one from 2014.

We will do the following, normally we recommend you to download the drivers from the OEM which in this case it is Acer, however, since the version is old, I would like you to update the driver using our generic drivers. In the following link you will be able to find the latest version for your integrated graphics:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

I would recommend you to go first with the .exe file, the one that you need is the one that says win64_154037.4835.exe because that one is the one for 64-bit operating systems. After the installation is complete, please restart the computer and make the changes that you made before, then connect and disconnect the charger to see if the options automatically enable/disable.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
SMitt1
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for suggesting the solution but somehow it is not working. I am getting error while installing it.

PFA screenshot of error.

Regards,

Shivin Mittal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

I understand that the driver is giving you an error message, I would like you to try the following:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file:

Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

3. Click Start.

4. Right-click Computer and select Manage(For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Press Windows + X keys together). When prompted for permission from User Account Control, click Yes.

5. Select Device Manager from the navigation tab on the left.

6. Double-click Display Adapters.

7. Right-click the Intel® Graphics Controller and click Update Driver Software.

8. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

9. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

10. Click "Have Disk".

11. Click "Browse".

12. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

13. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

14. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

15. Reboot your computer.

***There is also a video that explains how to do it in the following link:***

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
SMitt1
Beginner

Hi David,

Extremely sorry for late reply.

I have tried the solution which was suggested by you, but it is not working.

Regards,

Chunnu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

I understand that you are having problems with manually installing the driver in the system.

I would like to know what is the error message it shows when you fail to install it?

Please let us know.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chunnu,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos