We received your inquiry and I understand that your NUC is not going into sleep mode. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.
Based on the information provided:
- Was there any upgrade to the operating system (OS)?
- Make sure you have the latest BIOS 0060, you can find it at the following link:
- What version of graphics driver is installed on the NUC? The following link can help you find the version of your driver
- Can you try accessing bios (F2)
Wake from s3 via CIR
Wake from s4 and s5 via CIR
- Review the power settings on the OS to set up a time for sleep mode
You can find the pictures attached to the information in bios settings and OS settings
Thanks for your response,
In order to collect more details on your situation can you provide the following information?
- Does the NUC go into hibernation?
- Pictures of the power settings in bios and the power settings in the OS?
This information will help us to replicate your situation
Hi Leonardo, Nuc does go into hibernation.
Will include pictures of power settings, if you need more just let me know.
My working life was in electronics and computers a long time ago, my software knowledge is fairly basic, so please bear with me.
I am trying to master win 10.
The way that I have done this appears to be pretty messy. Is there a better way.
Thank you for the information provided,
As mentioned above the NUC has wifi.
Regarding the sleep mode are going to work in the case replicating the situation you are having, can you provide the version of BIOS you have installed on the NUC?
Happy new year to you too.