2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2017 5:07 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Chipset c216 a pevné disky

Zimice

Dobrý den,

Nedávno jsem jako dárek obdržel pevný disk Seagate BarraCuda 3TB .  Disk jsem zapojil a vykazoval kapacitu 746 GB . Po reklamaci jsem si zakoupil jiný Seagate IronWolf 4TB. Dnes tento disk ukazoval 1.6 TB. Hledám ,proto problém zda-li není v mé základní desce či nepotřebují tyto disky novější základní desku

Zde odkazy na pevné disky z obchodu kde jsem je zakoupil:

Seagate IronWolf 4TB - Pevný disk | Alza.cz

https://www.alza.cz/seagate-barracuda-hdd-3tb-d4426598.htm?o=4

In English:

Hi,

I recently bought new HDD Seagate BarraCuda 3TB.I connected disc and he had 746 GB.After reclamation a bought a different one Seagate IronWolf 4TB.Now This disc shows his capacity and its 1.6 TB.Now I am searching if isn't problem in my motherboard or in some cables.

• 1. Re: Chipset c216 a pevné disky
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Zimice,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that your HDD is no presenting its full capacity, Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

This does not seem to be an issue with the motherboard or chipset, according to your description seems that you will need to format the hard drive, in a specific way to get it fill capacity,

My recommendation is to get in contact with the manufacture of the HDD.

Regards,

Leonardo

• 2. Re: Chipset c216 a pevné disky
            N.Scott.Pearson

I would add that you need to enable UEFI support (in BIOS) to access the full capacity of drives this large.

...S