Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

x265 / HEVC hardware acceleration failing on NUC5i5RYH

JAuwe
Beginner

Hi,

I have been using my NUC since more than 2 years for playing media. I have been using primarily Kodi but also other software for playing my media. I ran into problems very recently. Basically no x265 / HEVC media can be played as it makes the player software crash, no matter what software is used: the standard Windows 10 one, Kodi, MPC-HC, VLC, ... so it definitely is not a software issue.

I have been able to narrow down the problem to the driver that is provided by Intel. Basically if I disable hardware acceleration, the media plays fine. But this is not more than a workaround.

As I was unsure earlier about what could be the cause of my problems I already did a clean reinstallation of Windows 10. However this did not solve the problem so I suspect the Intel drivers in combination with the recent Windows 10 updates (Fall Creators Update?) is the problem.

Is this issue know here? Is there a solution?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Streamerke,

Sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing at this point. Based on the research we performed at our labs, we would like to request an SSU, in order to know what are the hardware components you are working with; please copy-paste this link on a separate window and reply back to us with the findings.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Also, and hoping you do not mind me asking for the dx diag report as well. Simply go to Windows key + r, then type dxdiag and press enter.

We need to be sure on the Windows built numbers and the latest BIOS version you have installed on yourIntel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYH.Looking forward to your reply at your earliest convenience,

Andres C.

Intel Technical Support

0 Kudos