6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 3:33 PM by TechnoCaveman

Thunderbolt Driver

dj1234

I just purchased a Intel Nuc 6i7KYK for a live streaming/HD video broadcasting setup for our church.  I have the camera connected to the Thunderbolt and Nuc but nothing happens.  Can someone provide some details to how to install the driver or what is necessary to get the Nuc to recognize the thunderbolt and cameras.

• 1. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello dj1234

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are trying to set up live streaming with the NUC. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

Please provide us with the following information:

1. Model of the camera:
          2. Diver of the camera already installed (if there is one):
          3. Operating system (OS):
          4. Streaming service or Software for the streaming:
          5. Type of cable used for connection:
          6. Could you please complete Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

1. Could you please run the DxDiag following this steps: 

1.  On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
            3.  In the Run box please type DxDiag and hit Enter.
            5.  Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
          2. Please attach both results to this thread and "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the “Attach” option on the bottom right hand the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo 
          • 2. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
            TechnoCaveman

HI,

Basic question - is there a white box with a blue circle that has the lightning symbol or "Thurderbolt" in your system tray ?
            On Windows 10 its on the lower right hand corner just inside, to the left, of the speaker and WiFi symbol then date/time.

Windows 10 Pro did not have the thunderbolt driver. Wanted to make sure it was there. If not, here is the driver list page:   Download Thunderbolt™ Bus Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK

You may also have to "Allow connections to device" as Win X, Windows 10 is locked down.

Here is one bit of news - Thunderbolt shows up under "System" under Device manager. Open device manager, expand system which should be second from the bottom. Scroll down to just above Universal Serial bus. Thunderbolt 1517 (or some number) should show up. If not, the driver is not recognized. Under ' View" at the top, next to 'File' and 'Action" you can turn on "Show hidden devices"
                 Try that. Let us know.

• 3. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
              Intel Corporation

Hello dj1234 

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C

• 4. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
                TechnoCaveman

Leonardo,

Hi. As a secondary question - are there any hardware diagnostics that can be run on the NUC to test the thunderbolt controller and port ?

No Star Trek "Level one diagnostics" jokes

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
                  Intel Corporation

Hello TechnoCaveman 

To answer your question, I was checking on our downloadcenter.intel.com site and I did not find any thunderbolt diagnostic tool.

Regards,

Leonardo C

• 6. Re: Thunderbolt Driver
                    TechnoCaveman

Leonardo C,

Thanks. (smiles) I will put it on my 2018 Christmas list.

Even a loop back device would be nice to certify the controller and connector at full speed. We used to build NULL modem connectors where TX/RX was transposed for loop back testing. I know its a 1970's kind of thing but was very helpful.

Techno