Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.
I understand that you are having issues when playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive*.
You can check the recommended settings for this game and the Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor in the next link: https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/81015/642078/0
Additionally, you can update the Intel® HD Graphics 4400 driver to the latest version. Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
- Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Click "Have Disk".
- Click "Browse".
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
- Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.
I'm still having the same issue with the option not staying checked.
I've also been messing around the with the video settings in CSGO and maybe some of this will help you.
Some things that seem to fix the flickering in game is playing on windowed fullscreen and also using anti-aliasing. But I used to not play with those settings on and they really affect my frame rate.
I apologize for the inconvenience. At this point, we will need to recreate the issue in our labs to find a solution for you.
Per procedure to recreate the issue, please follow the next link to find a table. Reply to this email and add that table answering all the requested information.