Intel Corporation - Ms. Amy C.,
Thank you for your posting. I do not have a Model number so to speak, this rig was custom built by a company named AVADirect. The spec are:
- Core Series P5 Open Frame, No PSU, ATX, Black, Mid Tower Case
- PRIME X299DELUXE, Intel X299 Chipset, LGA 2066, ATX Motherboard
- Core™ i77820X EightCore 3.6 4.3GHz Turbo, LGA 2066, 140W TDP, Processor
- 2 x Diamond 7 Carat, 1.5g, 4.5 (W/mK), Micronized Diamond, Thermal Compound 32GB Kit (4 x 8GB)
- Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200MHz, CL16, Black, RGB LED, DIMM Memory
- 1200 P2, 80 PLUS Platinum 1200W, ECO Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply EVGA G2/P2/T2 Black
- Power Supply Cable Set (Individually Sleeved)
- 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11GB GDDR5X, Graphics Card + Waterblock w/ Backplate
- Dual GPU, Optimal and Stable Performance
- EK Terminal Block Dual Parallel 3Slot Black Acetal
- PRO SLI BRIDGE HB (2 Slot Spacing) 80mm Retail For GTX 10X0 Series
- 250GB 960 EVO 2280, 3200 / 1500 MB/s, VNAND, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
- 250GB WD VelociRaptor®, SATA 6 Gb/s, 10000 RPM, 64MB cache
- 2 x 4TB X300 HDWE140XZSTA, 7200 RPM, SATA 6Gb/s, 128MB cache, 3.5Inch Retail HDD
- CPU + 2Way GPU Black Radiator Liquid Cooling Kit X1 UV Green Concentrate 250ml
- 4 x Riing 12 Series High Static Pressure 120mm Circular Green LED Fan
- OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit USB Retail
As stated in my post...I am not suspect in anything really...she is a solid rig and have had no problems with her. I hope this will help you some. Be looking forward to your re-posting.
Thank you for all this information PB1.
I double checked our data base and the information I found regarding this matter is that the Intel PTT EK Recertification Service is related to the Intel® PTT feature, and on the following link you will find further details about the feature: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007452/mini-pcs.html. This service can be enabled or modified by the computer manufacturer; therefore, if you would like to get more details about this specific service the best option we can recommend is to contact ASUS.
If you have more questions, please let us know.
Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.
I will be glad to assist you. Please provide additional information about your system to provide further help.