6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 11:06 AM by monique_intel

Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers

Mousejockey

Hi,

I have several of NUC7i5BNK systems in my network, and for some reason, one of them will not download the updates when I click the "download" button, in the update utility.

I have downloaded and installed the latest 12.1x version.

I have ensured my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit is fully up to date and showing no updates outstanding.

I have tried 3 different web browsers, clearing my cache, etc.

The first scan correctly identifies the 7 updates I need.

However, no matter what I do, it always says "Download Failed".

After that, if I "rescan" it says "Oops, something went wrong when trying to scan" and will not work again until I restart the NUC.

• 1. Re: Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers
          monique_intel

Hi Mousejockey.  This is Monique with Intel and I'm the Project Manager for the IDSA application.  Our developers would like to see your DSA log files to understand this error more.  You can locate the log files at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and then attach them to this thread.  I will forward them on so they can investigate this error.

Thanks,

Monique with Intel Corporation

• 3. Re: Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers
            monique_intel

Thank you Mousejockey.  Our developers said that it looks like your download directory is set to a network share and that isn't something our tool has been tested on yet.  They feel there could be a permissions issue that is preventing it from working properly.  They suggest that you set your download directly to a local path for now.  You can do this by clicking the IDSA tray icon and choosing Settings, and changing the Download Directory path to something local on your C: drive.

Please do let us know if this fixes your issue.  We have captured this issue as a future story to investigate a fix for in a future IDSA release.

Thanks,

• 4. Re: Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers
              Mousejockey

Yes, it is part of a domain, hosted by a Windows 2012 server. However, I did not think this would be an issue since the user can read/write all their folders on the server, consistent with a standard re-directed folders scenario.

I will redirect the download directory back to a local directory and see if this resolves the issue. Thank you.

• 5. Re: Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers
                Mousejockey

I have marked your reply as "Correct Answer", as the update worked after I moved the re-directed downloads folder back onto the local system (C: drive).

However, the Intel Driver & Support Assistant forced an update before I could test it, so I don't know for sure if it was the update or moving the folder that fixed it.

That said, I still have two issues with the update utility:

1) The found updates line has some sort of new field display bug which says "{count} software update available" beside the download all updates. This is new since the update.

2) No matter how many times I install it, the utility continues to show the Intel Management Engine Interface as requiring an update. Un-Installing the IMEI allows the utility to install it again, but then a re-scan shows an update is still required.

Neither of these things are critical, but it would be great to see the bugs worked out of this fairly important tool.

Thank you for your help.

• 6. Re: Intel Driver and Support Assistant Fails to Download Drivers
                  monique_intel

Hi Mousejockey.  Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.  The new release upgrade was coincidental for you as our team launched the newest IDSA installer on Tuesday Dec 19 (v3.1.1.2) with some additional fixes. Regarding the ME driver continuing to show an update needed:  that is an issue between the driver and our DSA program's ability to accurately detect the correct driver version; we will be working with that driver team to come up with a fix, hopefully soon.

Thanks again for your feedback which allows us the opportunity to make fixes and improve the accuracy of this application.