Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Why does intel turbo boost 3.0 start up twice? And stay up both times.

BBerg3
Beginner

I have always had to close out the app manually after doing a clean install but now after installing a second graphics card it fires up twice and stays up both times. The first is almost instant and I close it and then after 2 minutes it shows up again and I have to close it. I only see it once if I leave it up on screen and I only see the app in system tray once. I have the latest version and I have tried to uninstall and install. I know you can use group policy to stop this from auto installing because when I use uninstall and reboot it just shows up again and the same problem still exists. I then did that and just try to update it with the latest version which its the latest now but I just cant seem to fix this.. When my pc was out of the box you wouldn't even see this app start and it would just be in system tray. Anyone have and ideas? I have asked this same question in all relevant threads but I have never got a direct reply.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Bradgt,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I am glad to assist you, please check the Windows Startup configuration to make sure you have the application startup 1 time, you can check the steps https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026268/windows-change-startup-apps-in-windows-10 here.

Also please try reinstalling the software to make sure is not installed twice.

For additional Windows configuration please contact Microsoft so they can check if you have the correct configuration. you can contact them https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ here.

You can also try a clean Windows installation.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
BBerg3
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Stephen but I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the current version many different ways by manually and by using dells auto stuff. In task bar or start up I dont see intel turbo boost. In services there is only one and only one icon in system tray.. The app always started up once and the app would stay up forcing me to manually close it but after installing a second gpu it starts up or atleast shows the box twice. I close the box twice. There is 2-3 minute delay between them. I have been working on this problem for awhile now. With a recent windows update and some other problems on my very new pc I am having problems with games not loading or crashing into blue screen. So I am thinking of doing a fresh start or whatever.. I will loose all my windows games though.

The intel app turbo boost is working its just a pain to close it twice and while 4-5 minutes into a reboot the screen pops up the second time in the middle of my work or whatever I am doing and its just annoying.. I just have to deal with closing it twice or leaving it open once. I cant uninstall this without windows auto reinstalling. The system apparently will not run without it. I know you can go into group policy or force it off but I have bad experience messing with permissions or stuff like that. I once caused my system to not even boot into windows by forcing a complete uninstall of my network Killer Ethernet app or driver. Thank god I had a system restore on and saved.. Seems many people have a problem with this app never closing auto like it supposed to but I am the only one who gets it twice...

Maybe a fresh start will fix it but I am not ready to do that yet. I just did a clean install month ago and its a lot of time and work to get all my stuff back and set back up.. I can turn this off and load it manually ok I think..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the inconvenience, in order to help you on the situation could you provide us with the following information to replicate the issue
  • Brand and Model of the system: (Please provide)
  • How much memory [RAM] in the system: (Please provide)
  • Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.(ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, HDMI, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc)
  • Operating System (OS) version: (Please provide)
  • Updates (OS): (Please provide)
  • BIOS version: (Please provide)
  • Graphics Driver version: (for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors)
  • Software (SW) or Apps version used to replicate the issue: (Please provide)
  • How to replicate: (Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link)
Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bradgt

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C

0 Kudos