4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 2:34 PM by Intel Corporation

iccwdt.sys BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

elvyve

I'm running into issues when my PC (Acer Predator G6-710) is idle, resulting in the dreaded Blue Screen of Death occurring within 2 minutes after the start of "idle" time. I wasn't able to catch what was causing the reboot sooner because it typically happens while I'm AFK for coffee / bio / whatever but I've had this issue since forever (i.e. since I bought the machine). Today the error happened while I was at my machine simply not touching the controls and after a few tests I know that it is consistently the iccwdt.sys IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

I've done some googling (it appears to be an issue with Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT) not liking overclocking) and found some topics that I used to try and fix it:

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ICCWDT.sys) - Microsoft Community

https://communities.intel.com/message/430478#431523

Acer Predator G6-710 BSOD runs fine after login, but.... — Acer Community

I've updated the chipset drivers, which fixed the issue for other users (downloaded here: Product support ) and used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to help troubleshoot (report attached) but none of the steps taken so far resolve the issue - my device continues to crash if it's idle.

I'm honestly not sure what else I can do to fix this - please help.