3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2011 1:47 PM by

Is it appropriate to consider Intel a BIOS manufacturer ?

Vigaenson

Or should we consider that Intel uses in its motherboards BIOS that are manufactured by others?

• 1. Re: Is it appropriate to consider Intel a BIOS manufacturer ?

On March 17 2011 I received from Community Admin (webadmin@intel.com) a mail with different topics.

Under the topic "Tips and Tricks/Bump a thread" you can read "If you see a question that has gone unanswered for a long time, but is still valid - post a reply to it. This will "bump" the question back into people's activity streams".

Because I'm still interested  in reading  how people with in-depth kowledge of Intel and its products answer this question I have decided to react to Community Admin (webadmin@intel.) in this way.

• 2. Re: Is it appropriate to consider Intel a BIOS manufacturer ?
            Dan_O

They don't write it from the ground up - is that what you mean?

Most BIOS manufacturers take the core firmware from Phoenix / AMI / et cetera, then engineer it heavily for their own processor, chipset, and motherboard.

I think, in general, more specific questions get the best response.  If a question is too vague, or has no background or context, it is hard to tell what information would be useful to the original poster.

• 3. Re: Is it appropriate to consider Intel a BIOS manufacturer ?

When I asked my question I didn't mean anything.

I just wanted to know.
              I hadn't the slightest idea of the steps followed by Intel to provide our motherboards with the BIOS because, unlike other motherboards, when using my Intel mobo I couldn't find recognitions to the sort of enterprises you have mentioned.
              After your answer, I think I'm beginning to understand how these aspects of Intel work.

Thank you for your tips!!

1 of 1 people found this helpful