Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

I can't get raid to work

idata
Employee

I am trying to set up a server with RAID. The motherboard has Intel Chipset C232. I have two 512GB HDDs installed. When BIOS is set for normal configuration, both HDDs are recognized and I can install Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. However, when I alter the BIOS for RAID configuration, I cannot install Windows 10 IoT Enterprise as it doesn't recognize any storage space. I have tried to load the appropriate drivers as part of the Windows 10 installation, but without success.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong or if I am missing a step. Can someone provide some suggestions? I am a newbee with server setups.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Stitts, what type of Raid are you trying to build, and what CPU Model are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I wish to configure RAID-1. I'm not sure what you mean by CPU model but the motherboard specs are listed here:

https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C236_C232/X11SSL-F.cfm X11SSL-F | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you, for your reply Stitts, as I can see in the device Specs, these supports as follows:

Single socket H4 (LGA 1151) supports Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6/v5, Intel® 7th/6th Gen. Core™ i3 series,

Intel® Celeron® and Intel® Pentium®

Can you please confirm if this is a Xeon?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos