10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 1:13 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC For Multimedia.

Varadero

Good evening. I would like to open this file which is about  NUC.

Thank you very match...

EDIT:

I have removed your word document and pasted the text below.

Doc

Hello from Greece. My name is Nikos. I ask you very much, I would like you to help with a problem that I am facing.

I want a computer on which I will build all the multimedia of my home on it.  I'll see Netflix UHD 4K 7.1, movies, youtube, tdal, spotify, and more.

I have a space problem and I would like it to be as small as possible, so I thought of the NUC solution.

The specifications I would like to have are:

1. I7, 7h generation processor,

1. Graphics card that supports 4K and necessary HDR,

1. Memory Ram 8, or 12gb.

1. Have two HDMI outputs,

1. if it is possible to have audio output, coaxial, or Toshlink (optical fiber).

Please help me by sending me a Link, a NUC that meets the above conditions

There is? or would it be better to build a Tower computer to get the best picture and sound?

Thank you very much!

Message was edited by: Al Hill

• 1. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We will do our best to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, on the link below you will find all the Intel® NUC kits that work with a 7th generation processor. In there you will be able to verify the memory size, most of them support 32GB and also the video ports they have, the Intel® NUC7i5DNHE, NUC7i5DNKE, NUC7i3DNHE, NUC7i3DKE have a dual HDMI port:
          https://ark.intel.com/compare/122938,95065,122939,95067,95061,122488,122486,122940,95066,95069,122498,122495
          You will be able to use the NUCs for multimedia, they are very reliable and in regard to space since they are very small it seems to be the product to choose. Some customers prefer to build their own desktop PC so they can choose each component on it, but in both cases you will be able to use them for multimedia and you will get a pretty good picture and sound.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
            Varadero

Good evening. Thank you very much for your answer. I would like to ask you to allow me to ask you this:

Because I'm a subscriber to Netflix, I saw that he has many UHD / HDR themes. Soon I will buy a TV Oled 65 'LG, and a new computer (NUC) due to size, and I would like to take full advantage of these capabilities. Perfect picture and 5.1 sound.

Questions:

1. Is there a NUC model that supports, in addition to I7 / 7h Generation, HDR, two HDMI outputs 20 or 2.1, and fiber optic output?

2. If not, which graphics card would you suggest me to support HDR in order to build a TOWER that will necessarily meet the above requirements: Can I find all this in Intel?

3. For the best possible picture and sound performance, should it be the best graphics and sound card? Which factors affect performance? How many GB Ram should have the whole set? 8, 12, or above? Note that gaming does not interest me at all.

Your help for me would be great if you answered my questions! I would avoid mistakes that would cost me a lot of money.

Thank you very much.

Nikos Tegopoulos, Larissa Greece.

• 3. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
              Varadero

Mr. Alberto can you make me a proposal that includes everything I ask for? Would that be easy for you? My few computer skills do not allow me to look properly.

• 4. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                Intel Corporation

You are very welcome. Thank you for providing that information.

In regard to your inquiry, in addition to those requirements none of the NUC models support fiber optic output.

In reference to the second and third questions, since Intel does not manufacture eternal graphics cards, then there is no information in regard to the specifications of them, the best thing to do in that case is to confirm those details with the manufacturer of them, like for example NVIDIA.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto R

You are welcome.

• 5. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                  Varadero

Mr. Alberto thank you very much for the valuable help you give me. I have questioned Nvidia foroum several days ago, but I did not find any answer as to whether they support HDR. Could you ask this question? Maybe you answer ..

• 6. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                    Intel Corporation

You are very welcome. In this case you can always get in contact with Nvidia via phone:
                    http://www.nvidia.com/object/contact-information.html

Or you can use their forums as well, they should be able to assist you that way:
                    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-communities.html

Regards,
                    Alberto R

• 7. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                      Varadero

Mr Alberto thank you. If you can ask me another question: do you know when the new generation of Nuc presents? The coming summer maybe, or earlier?

• 8. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                        Intel Corporation

: You are very welcome.  In regard to your inquiry, there is no an official statement  released by Intel informing if there will be newer NUCs or when they will be available, let me apologize for that, but you can always keep checking our web site for future updates:
                        https://newsroom.intel.com/

Regards,
                        Alberto R

• 9. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                          Varadero

Mr Alberto thank you very much for all the answers you have given me, you are noble. Be nice, and good Christmas I wish to you and your family.            Nikos, Greece.

• 10. Re: NUC For Multimedia.
                            Intel Corporation

Hi You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your comments, we are here to help and I also wish you a really good Christmas for you and your family.

Regards,
                            Alberto R