Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
430 Discussions

Need Help with Intel Optane 900p 280gb PCIE

BWrig1
Beginner

So I just recently bought the add-in card of the 900p series and it shows up in my bios. I was also able to use the driver installer from intel and that worked but the problem is that it is not showing up in my Drives list. It shows up in the Bios but not in Windows 10. Im running a ASUS X299-Gaming with a I7800X. The only 2 drives besides the optane is a Samsung 950 EVO 500GB NVME drive and a 500 850 EVO using the 1st SATA PORT. The optane is using the PCIEX4 Slot on the Board so that should interfere with the SATA 1 Port.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Fastbyte,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please let us know the following information:

*Could you please attach a screenshot of disk management?

*Have you initialized the SSD on Windows*?

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility on one of these computers (or both). Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

To enable attachments, make sure to select the option to "use advanced editor" while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Fastbyte,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please let us know the following information:

*Could you please attach a screenshot of disk management?

*Have you initialized the SSD on Windows*?

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility on one of these computers (or both). Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

To enable attachments, make sure to select the option to "use advanced editor" while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
BWrig1
Beginner

Turned out to be a faulty PCIE Slot. using a different motherboard solved the problem and I was able to see the drive.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Fastbyte,

We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved. If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos