4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 1:41 PM by Corum

NUC6i3SYK Can no longer update GFX drivers due to build?

Corum

It seems that I can no longer update any of my NUC6i3SYK units display drivers. Keep getting the following message:

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type"

I've manually downloaded the drivers, I've installed and tried via Intel's auto downloader/installer tool. It also sees the same updated driver available. It downloads and attempts to install with the same message after failing.

I just updated these units about a month or two ago with this version: 22.20.16.4815 The downloaded package was: gfx_win10_64_15.47.2.4815

This seemed to have fixed some blue screen issues with units running in vertical mode or as a 1x2 collage mode. Still a bit early to say for sure but so far so good. Anyways, refreshing the images with latest drivers and for whatever reason, I can no longer install the latest display driver. From what I can see, there's been two or three driver updates since I first grabbed 4815.

Any help would be great. Just getting concerned that any unknown bugs that might be included with what I have now, might be patched already or in future updates that I may not be able to install. I've also attached the contents of a fresh install log file.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB

OS Version: 10.0.10240 N/A Build 10240

Current GPU Driver: 22.20.16.4815

Hardware: NUC6i3SYK

Intel HD Graphics 520

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 1916

[INF Info]

INF = C:\Users\cdcadmin\Downloads\GFX_WIN10_64_15.60.0.4849\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

*   Section <PackageInfo> Key <Sequence> not found in INF

Date = 10/27/2017

Version = 23.20.16.4849

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

PackageInfo.Name = Graphics

PackageInfo.Sequence = 0

Manufacturer = IntelGfx,NTamd64.10.0...14393

Resolved Manufacturer = IntelGfx

!   Error locating a device section. Skipping inf

!   OS mismatch

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0xA041

ResultCode = 41025

• 1. Re: NUC6i3SYK Can no longer update GFX drivers due to build?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Corum,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the driver installation.

The latest driver Intel® HD Graphics for your Intel® NUC model can be found here: Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYK. And, you can try this method for the installation: Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and... . It should ensure the proper installation.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: NUC6i3SYK Can no longer update GFX drivers due to build?
            Corum

Thanks Amy but ever since installing .4815, it'll no longer install any newer version. I've tried to manually download and install, I've used the auto detect Intel tool (which re-downloads the same driver I manually downloaded) and they both result with the same error "This installation package is not supported by this processor type."

Attempting to uninstall the existing driver results in a stop error. Allowing Windows to find a driver works but it's not the 4815 or even any of the latest ones on your site. I have to check again but it's a version before .4815 that gets installed. Even with whatever version that Windows installs, I'm still unable to install the latest.

• 3. Re: NUC6i3SYK Can no longer update GFX drivers due to build?
              lw1948

Try install manually according the following steps:

------------------------------------------------------------------
              Microsoft Windows* Manual Installation Instructions
              1.  Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".
              2.  Click "Device Manager" on the left.

3.  Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller. 

4.  In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".
              5.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
              6.  Click directly "Browse".
              7.  Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you downloaded
                  and click the "Graphics" folder.
              8. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install the
                  driver if it considers this an upgrade.
              9. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now
                  be loaded.

For Intel(R) Display Audio Driver:
              1.  Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".
              2.  Click "Device Manager" on the left.
              4.  Double-click "Sound, video and game controllers".
              5.  If installing from scratch, right-click the "High Definition Audio"
                  controller. If updating the driver, right-click the "Intel(R)
                  Display Audio" controller. Click "Update Driver Software...".
              6.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
              7.  Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
              8.  Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".
              9.  Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you
                  downloaded, click the "DisplayAudio" folder, and select the
                  "IntcDAud.inf" file. Click "Open" and click "OK".
              10. Select "Intel(R) Display Audio" and click "Next".
              11. The operating system will install the driver. Click "Finish" to
                  complete the installation.
              12. Click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now be loaded.

Hope this will help

Leon

• 4. Re: NUC6i3SYK Can no longer update GFX drivers due to build?
                Corum

Thanks for your help Leon, but that didn't work. Windows says "...the driver software for your device is up to date."
                I just got a few other NUC6i3SYK units in. They are also running the .4815 update. Will see if they too have an issue with updating the graphics driver.