7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 5:07 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.

Blofeld2k

Ref:Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pop up and disappear suddenly in the startup of windows 10?

Like the title states, Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10. I thought it would start minimized?

• 1. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities. We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

In regard to your inquiry, what we can try is to un-install the software from control panel, reboot the system and then re-install it again:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

What is the model of your processor?
          Which Windows version are you using?

Additionally, on the link below you will find additional details about the feature:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
            Bradgt

I have a similar problem, well the same in fact.  After installing a second graphics card in SLI my turbo boost now fires up twice and I have tried to uninstall and install the latest version.  But windows just installs it automatically.  I know you have to disable this feature but in group policy editor and I messed my pc up using that stuff and was forced to do a clean install.  The normal use for this is it should fire up for a split second right after boot and disappear just as quick.  But it just seems to do that sometimes and other times it just stays up.  Now after installing a second card it fires up normal and after a 2-3 min delay another version or same window and or app fires up and stays up and I have to close it manually.  Only one icons in my sys tray and device manager only shows it once in systems but who knows.  I can honestly say this app gives me this kind of problems all the time.  My pc is virtually brand new and still under warranty.  Dell doesnt give the latest version when you go into support and driver downloads but in my experience they always lag way behind in drivers and apps when it comes to that sort of thing.  I dont know if that makes a difference or not but its weird.  I can successfully update the app though by pointing device manager to the most current version but it doesnt have any effect.  So I just uninstalled and rebooted to let windows give it what it wants and thats a lower version but higher then what dells page suggests or recommends.  Totally confusing to me.  It seems if I let my pc go without cleaning it or optimizing it after a couple weeks or several boot ups the intel turbo boost 3.0 app works as intended until I do a clean.  But I just installed a new GPU couple days ago and now it fires up twice.  Once right at boot and goes away and then after a delay it fires up and stays...  I give up..  I'll just close it or never restart my pc which sometimes my pc will go days.  I asked windows for help and they said just turn it off but I dont want it off.  It was put there for a reason I'm sure.  Let me know what you find out.

• 3. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
              Blofeld2k

Hi Alberto,

I uninstalled and re-installed. No difference.

What is the model of your processor?

Intel Core i7 6800K 3,4GHz

Which Windows version are you using?

Windows 10 Pro

Brgds,

Carl

• 4. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
                Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for providing that information.

In order to try to fix this problem we can try a BIOS update to the latest version of the board.

Most of the times the manufacturer of the board has their own Intel® Turbo boost driver for their platform, did you check with them about this possibility and to confirm if there is a setting on the BIOS that needs to be enabled or disabled?

What is the model of your board?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto R

• 5. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
                  Bradgt

if replying to me yes my bios is updated to the latest Alienware A-12.  It’s a new pc and dells website lags behind for driver updates I think.  It doesn’t say the latest recommendation for what intel has released.   I am trying to update it but I can’t do what intel suggest because it auto updates after I restart windows but I haven’t messed with group policy editor.  As if right now running the edition that windows auto installs which is one less then what intel has released it shows up in tray icon instant and after 5 mins the popup appears and doesn’t go away.  It’s just confusing and sucks.  I don’t think it’s the drivers fault though.  It might be windows delaying some apps or drivers.  Norton has a startuo manager but all this stuff is off and or not turned on for these.   I have no clue and give up honestly.  Once upon a time this program used to fire up instant and you would never see it and if so it would auto disappear.

• 6. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
                    Blofeld2k

Hi Alberto,

even though the problem is not about the "Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0" not being enabled I did what you asked of me.

My motherboard is "Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming" and I am using the latest BIOS "Version 1701" released.

There is indeed a setting in the BIOS, "Turbo Mode", but it is still set to its default value "Enabled".

Brgds,

Carl

• 7. Re: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pops up at boot and never disappears in windows 10.
                      Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for providing that information. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get nay updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                      Alberto R