4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 5:50 AM by giowinner

Short freezes

giowinner

Hi.

I hope this is the right place to post this, otherwise I'm sorry.

I've recently bought a HP Omen 17-w222ng on Amazon.

It didn't take long for me to notice that whenever I opened a program my laptop would freeze for about a second. The mouse stopped responding, the screen froze and the sound sometimes got interrupted as well. This happened for example whenever I opened Firefox, a new Tab in Firefox, Chrome, the Windows Control Panel or even with a simple Right Mouse Click. First I tried to update all the drivers, but that didn't help. So I decided to reset my Windows in the Windows Settings. Didn't help. So I tried the Fresh Start option in Windows Defender Security Center. Didn't help either. I then decided to create a bootable USB Stick with Windows Media Creation Tool, formatted my C: drive and installed Windows again with the bootable USB Stick. When my fresh Windows started, the short freezes didn't occur anymore. Because some of the drivers were gone and the Device Manager showed some Unknown Devices, I connected to the Internet to update these drivers. But as soon as Windows installed the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) device, the short freezes appeared again. Whenever I uninstall this devices, the freezes disappear. What I did notice as well is that when I play a game and Windows uses my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, or when I deactivate my GTX in the Device Manager, the freezes disappear. There seems to be a problem with these devices working together.

I could just send my laptop back and replace it, but I wanted to ask here first. Maybe there is something that I overlooked or a simple answer to my problem. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.

System Information:

Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.80GHz)

Intel HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

256 GB SSD (Samsung)

1 TB HDD

Windows 10 Home (Version 1709)