Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

No image when viewing our laptop on TV via HDMI

DHigh
Beginner

Hi,

Since downloading the latest Windows 10 update (mon 27th Nov), our laptop to TV connectivity via HDMI has not been working properly. While the audio works on the TV, the image doesn't (having always worked previously).

I've tested multiple working HDMI cables and that doesnt resolve the issue and I've been through every option on both the 'Windows Display' setting and the 'Intel Graphics' control panel. Must be a setting specific to my TV (Panasonic Viera ET60 series)

I have not idea what to try next.

Please help!!! We watch everything via our laptop!

Dean

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Dean_Highfield,

I understand you have a problem with HDMI connection after Windows® updates. Let me help you on this matter.

I will need additional details about your hardware configuration, please run the following https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- utility to identify the hardware on this laptop. Please attach the results.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
DHigh
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks very much for your assistance - much appreciated!

Please find attached the system report.

Hope that helps.

Many Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dean_Highfield,

I was wondering if you were able to install the latest graphics drivers manually.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
DHigh
Beginner

Thank you for your email and the information you supplied.

I did have an attempt at updating but failed miserably. Luckily my friend took my laptop into his work and a chap from IT has apparently removed and reinstalled a driver.

Im happy to say the image and audio now works perfectly.

Hopefully this continues.

Thanks again. Much appreciate and a really fantastic service to have somebody give advice.

Well done Intel!

Dean

0 Kudos