3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 2:49 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

bug Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin???

xati

Bonjour, etant en train de faire une cle usb avec l'iso de win seven j'utilise, Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool et Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin afin d'adjoindre les driver usb 3 car j'ai le messsage d'erreur "un pilote de cd/dvd est manquant etc..." au demarrage de l'install. Or, une fois la création de l'image avec  Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin demarrée, le processus s'arrête a "Unnmounting and committing boot.wim image:2 Windows Startup

Cleaning up mount directory" . J'aimerais savoir si le processus est terminé car si je ferme la fenetre, j'ai un avertissement comme quoi l'image sera corrompue si j'arrête et comme plus rien ne bouge, j'aimerais alors connaître la cause du blocage; quelqu'un peut il me renseigner sur ce sujet? Grand merci d'avance

• 1. Re: bug Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin???
          N.Scott.Pearson

Do you have access to a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 PC? This package seems to be more stable in these environments.

As for this particular error, I found that the DISM tool completes the commit of the operation successfully (and then times out). If you are doing the DISM commands, you can use

dism / unmount-wim / mountdir: mount / discard

to complete the unmount.

Since I had so many issues with the USB 3.0 Creator tool, I decided to run the DISM commands manually. I created the attached script file, which includes all of the commands that need to be run. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS SCRIPT! You want to print out these files. Whenever the unmount operation fails, simply use the command I shows above to complete the unmount.

Hope this helps,

... S

• 2. Re: bug Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin???
            macbookservicecenter

Thanks Scott for your quick reply. I will try to install windows 10 on a virtual machine on my mac and try to create the flash driver from there. Thanks a ton.

The dism script files are a bit overmy head as of now :-)

• 3. Re: bug Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin???
              N.Scott.Pearson

Yea, and having the unmount commands failing (timing out) throws a monkey wrench into the automation of such scripts. Treat the script as an indicator of what you need to do ahead of time to set up the environment for running DISM. I have attached another version of this file that does a slightly better job of explaining the preparation and what to do when unmount commands fail...

Hope this helps,

...S