Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

Intel Management Engine Interface

Intel Network Connections 21.0.504.0

Intel Active Management Technology

Intel Driver Update Utility

on my Win 7 computer. 

These were on the "Programs and Features list"

when I bought it. 

Now, how does one access and change any settings for these?  Apart from the Intel Driver Update Utility,

there is no link, no short-cut, no exe file to these items.

Is that intended, or are there ways to determine how to access these?

My interest in this was prompted by an AVAST Internet Security Scan, which picked out "Intel Active Management Technology"  and "Intel Network Connections 21.0.504.0" as among those Intel software items that "slowed down my computer". 

The only option for me is to uninstall these two, but   1) I don't know whether that will ruin the box totally,  (a slow but running computer beats "a faster that one that is not working") ,

and   2) I don't know whether re-installation is possible, because these two items in particular are a bit old.  Are they still available as a download? 

It also sounds a bit ironic to me that an item called  "Intel Active Management Technology" apparently cannot be "actively managed", and, of course, an item named "Intel Network Connections 21.0.504.0" is slowing the

computer when it rather should do the opposite. 

Thank you for your support.

• 1. Re: re: Intel software -  Intel Network Connections 21.0.504.0
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to try to provide the information you are looking for.

In this case, if you are using a laptop, what we normally recommend is to use it with the default programs that came with it and under stock configurations with default BIOS settings.  Remember that all the features and programs installed on the unit were installed and customized by the manufacturer of it. So, in regard to your inquiry, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop, they should be able to let you know how to access and change the settings for those programs and also if the laptop will still work properly if you un-install them, since they might be related to different functions of the device.

Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT) is hardware and firmware technology for remote out-of-band management of personal computers, in order to monitor, maintain, update, upgrade, and repair them.

I found a site that provides further details about the Intel® Network Connections:
          http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Intel-Network-Connections-Drivers-12053-program.aspx

Before trying to un-install any of those programs, please verify that it is safe to do that with the manufacturer of the laptop.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R