Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem with graphics drivers

OKons
Beginner

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1265sa with Pentium B950 in it. When I download graphics drivers then after restarding there will be lines made of black and white dots. After deleting graphics drivers there aren't any dots(it has Intel HD Graphics 2000 in it. My question is, how can I install graphics drivers without getting those dots on my screen?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you using WIndows 10? If so, HD 2000 graphcs and your CPU are not supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

try the latest driver hereL

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81503 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics for Previous Generation Intel® Processors

doc

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

When i try to install it says computer does not meet minimum system requirements.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One of the Intel support staff may be able to help you with this error.

Doc

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

Oh i think older version will do i didn't see those. But thank you for help!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would try the driver from the HP website.

Doc

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

I think i've tried and they haven't worked.

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

And older drivers still had dots on screen.

0 Kudos
OKons
Beginner

But i have few more questions. May changing thermopaste work? Or buying a new cpu?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do not start messing with the processor. And, as old as your machine is, upgrading the processor would not buy you much. Also, you would have to have HP tell you which processors are supported by their BIOS.

If you are serious about upgrading, I would recommend you look at something current, that is fully supported. Unfortunately, this means getting rid of what you have. So, consider the pros and cons before doing so.

Doc

0 Kudos