Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Network drivers for I218-V casue application fault in wmiprvse.exe

IBúto
Beginner

My Windows Event log shows the following error when the Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service is enabled to start automatically with Windows.

Source: Application

Error Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Faulting application name: wmiprvse.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce79d42

Faulting module name: CoreAgnt.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59f38017

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000007feda158098

Faulting process id: 0xdc0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d36651b58c7ea8

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

Faulting module path: CoreAgnt.dll

Report Id: 7c0db145-d247-11e7-9f1a-10c37b4f479c

My adapter is "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V" on an ASUS HM97-PLUS motherboard with Window 7 SP1 64-bit. I am using the latest Intel(R) PROSet version 22.9.6.0. I have been getting this error with earlier version as well, but I can't find anymore at what version the errors began.

Also, what exactly does the Intel® PROSet Monitoring Service do for me?

Thanks for your advice!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Ivanbuto,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Have you tried using the customized driver from Asus* , it is recommended to use the driver from the board vendor which is more suitable. It seems your case is somewhat similar to previous post at

Regards,

Sharon
0 Kudos
IBúto
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

thanks for your reply!

I did use the drivers provided by Asus previously. They are dated March 2014, Intel version 19.1. I downloaded and installed the Intel drivers to have a newer version.

I can try reverting to the driver provided by Asus and will see whether I still get the error.

Please do get back to me regarding the PROSet monitoring service.

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the reply. I will further check for you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
IBúto
Beginner

I reinstalled the previous drivers provided by Asus, I found out that there is no Intel (R) ProSet Monitoring Service installed with these drivers, therefore the error does not happen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the update and glad to know the error did not occur. If you are not using Hyper-V or teaming, the monitoring service is not needed. Here are the information regarding what PROSet monitoring service is about:

1) It monitors virtual switch port changes when you have a Team configured.

2) Monitors Windows Hyper V status changes

3) Completes a DCB upgrade when a user upgrades the software from one version of DCB to another and a reboot is required.

4) Displays warning messages after a reboot when device and or system status changes have occurred.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivan,

Please feel free to update me if you still have other inquiries.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
tmast1
Beginner

Buy 100% Authentic IELTS,TOEFL,Certificates,Passports,Drivers License,ID Cards,Visas,Counterfeit Money,$,€,£:Whatsapp# (+27)83 880 8170)

How to Apply for TOEFL,IELTS Certificates without Exams.

Apply for IELTS CELTA/DELTA, PTE, OET, TESOL, NEBOSH, ARRT, LSAT, ( etc) Certificates online without exams in Saudi Arabia,Ukraine,U,Dubai and others passports, Drivers Licenses, IDs documentsContact us for more info.

PURCHASE ONLINE 100% HIGH QUALITY UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT Banknotes

We offer our exclusive clients the ability to gain IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK certificates

without taking the exams. The regions we cover are Asia ,UAE, Qatar,

Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan,Kuwait ,Australia ,Canada and Europe

Purchase Real and Novelty Passports,id cards,Visas,Drivers License ,Counterfeits Email us at for details

Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want to travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of Real and Novelty quality documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, . This list is not full.contact General support: . To get the additional information and place the order,

BEST COUNTERFEIT EURO,POUNDS & DOLLAR

CONTACT DETAILS:

Skype id:: raul bestpro

Contact Phone:===== (+27)83 880 8170

whatsapp/Viber/IMO # (+27838808170)

Buy orginal IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK CERTIFICATES Without Exams

BUY IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK orginal CERTIFICATES in Qatar,Dubai and Saudi Arabia

BUY IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK CERTIFICATES in UAE and Saudi Arabia

0 Kudos