4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 4:33 AM by Anju_Paul

Installing intelpython2_full on DevCloud

EdF

I am having trouble installing the python2 full version.  I was able to install the python3 version. Can someone help me install the conda2 full version?

Steps to reproduce: I tried installing Python following the instructions at https://access.colfaxresearch.com/?p=learn

Expected: a message saying that the conda environment is created.

Observed: I received the following error upon submitting

(root) [u6184@c009 ~]$ conda create -n  intelpython2_full python=2

ERROR conda.core.link:_execute_actions(335): An error occurred while installing package 'intel::setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0'.

CondaError: Cannot link a source that does not exist. /glob/intel-python/versions/2018/intelpython2/pkgs/setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/lib2to3_ex.pyc

Attempting to roll back.

What I have tried:  Upon looking into the dir I see that this file is indeed not there:

(root) [u6184@c009 ~]$ ls /glob/intel-python/versions/2018/intelpython2/pkgs/setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools

archive_util.py   extern         msvc.pyo           sandbox.py         unicode_utils.pyo

archive_util.pyc  __init__.py    package_index.py   sandbox.pyc        utils.py

archive_util.pyo  __init__.pyc   package_index.pyc  sandbox.pyo        utils.pyc

command           __init__.pyo   package_index.pyo  script (dev).tmpl  utils.pyo

depends.py        launch.py      py26compat.py      script.tmpl        version.py

depends.pyc       launch.pyc     py26compat.pyc     site-patch.py      version.pyc

depends.pyo       launch.pyo     py26compat.pyo     site-patch.pyc     version.pyo

dist.py           lib2to3_ex.py  py27compat.py      site-patch.pyo     windows_support.py

dist.pyc          monkey.py      py27compat.pyc     ssl_support.py     windows_support.pyc

dist.pyo          monkey.pyc     py27compat.pyo     ssl_support.pyc    windows_support.pyo

extension.py      monkey.pyo     py31compat.py      ssl_support.pyo

extension.pyc     msvc.py        py31compat.pyc     unicode_utils.py

extension.pyo     msvc.pyc       py31compat.pyo     unicode_utils.pyc

Note that the source file is there.  I tried generating the pyc myself, but the dir is read only.  

(root) [u6184@c009 ~]$ python -m compileall /glob/intel-python/versions/2018/intelpython2/pkgs/setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/lib2to3_ex.py

Compiling /glob/intel-python/versions/2018/intelpython2/pkgs/setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/lib2to3_ex.py ...

Sorry [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/glob/intel-python/versions/2018/intelpython2/pkgs/setuptools-27.2.0-py27_intel_0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/lib2to3_ex.pyc'

Can someone with permissions compile the file or can someone suggest other work-arounds to try?