1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 11:57 PM by Al Hill

Intel watchdog timer driver restart notification appears even after restarting, along with other symptoms.

MightyMouse

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0406 6082

I am seeing this:

Your computer needs to be restarted in order to finish setting up a device:

Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R)WDT)

As well as,

ASUS Wireless Radio Control

But, I don't see it anywhere. (See image) Also, I have restarted several times now and I still get notifications to restart for these 2 items. I would be grateful to anyone who could offer some assistance.

IntelWatchdogMissing.jpg

Additional issues: Windows downloaded Win 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) 100%, installed 100%, then I restarted. After that, It tried to download the Win 10 creators update (1709) again but got stuck at 87%. A lot of other people had this problem as well (at 88%) from my searching online, but there was no clear answer for me. Some suggested that WTD could potentially be responsible so I thought I would ask here.

Update: Now windows is saying it is up to date but doesn't list the Fall update in its update history. It only lists these (below) which were downloaded and installed last week.

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)

2017-11 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048951)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - November 2017 (KB890830)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - October 2017 (KB890830)

Could anyone help me out please?

• 1. Re: Intel watchdog timer driver restart notification appears even after restarting, along with other symptoms.
          Al Hill

For the WDT, you need to go the the device mangler, and view hidden devices.  Then, look under system devices.  There you will see several ":motherboard resources".  Right click on each one and automatically search.  You have to do each one until you get one to update.  Most will say you have the latest driver.  Then, one will magically go out there and update and, voila, you will see the WDT name for the device. 

For your ASUS wireless radio control, you need to do something similar.  If I recall, it may have been one of the HID devices under Mice and Other pointing devices. Just do the same thing where you right click and update.  If it is not one of those, then look around.  It is there, hiding, under some other name.  You will not hurt anything by right clicking and selecting update.

WDT is not responsible for your other updates, nor is the ASUS wireless radio control.  You could live the rest of your life without updating those and be quite happy.

Those other updates are the responsibility of Microsoft, and that is the support forum you should be asking your questions on.

Doc