3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 8:55 AM by Intel Corporation

INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool question

FelixWang

Hi!

I have a computer with a Celeron G-series processor that uses a detection tool to check that the system, detection tool show This system is vulnerable.

But the Celeron G series is not affected by this list, what is the problem?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool question
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Felix,

Can you post a screenshot of the output?  Also, what make model of system or motherboard do you have?

The SA-00086 security advisory is comprised of 8 different vulnerabilities.  It's possible that the Celeron G series is affected by only a subset of the vulnerabilities.  You may just want to check the support site for your system or motherboard to see if there is a recent  BIOS or ME firmware update (Oct./Nov. 2017).

• 2. Re: INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool question
            FelixWang

Hi,

Sorry, my system language is Traditional Chinese, so Detection Tool will display Traditional Chinese.

PC Model is HP 280 G2, related information such as screenshots, Chipset I think it should be Skylake-S IMC.

I already know that HP has provided firmware updates for this Model 280 G2, but wondered why the CPU was unaffected but at risk

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

Thank you!

• 3. Re: INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool question
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thanks for the additional information.  It's good to know that HP has posted an update.  You should apply that update as soon as possible (if you haven't done so already).

I will work with our team on the list of possibly affected processors.

1 of 1 people found this helpful