5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 10:42 AM by Intel Corporation

[ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]

vkhit

When I shutdown ESXi host which I installed at USB stick can't shutdown properly and shown "Shutdown in progress".
      But I can't ping ESXi host IP address and  also can't connect with vsphere client.

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

Could someone help me answer about my issue?

Thanks for your value time.

*I was installed my ESXi OS at intel nuc7i3bnh.

I would like to know do i need to change some bios setting or is there any problems at intel nuc7i3bnh?

• 1. Re: [ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities.  We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working as expected.

In regard to your inquiry, I just wanted to let you know that the tests done by Intel on the NUCs were done using Windows as operating system, so all the information and troubleshoot steps we have are in reference to that software. In this case, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to provide a possible solution, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

I also encourage all the peers viewing this forum that if the y have further information on this scenario to post all the feedback and suggestions on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: [ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]
            vkhit

Thanks for your time and explanation.

I found one article about that problem.
            here is the link "Downgrade BIOS on NUC7i3BNH to version 0036 "

This problem is may be because of BIOS version.

I can't downgrade BIOS setting bcoz of rules. That's why I upgraded latest BIOS version and still can't work.

When I manually powered off the Intel NUC box, I am worried about it can impact to device.

I hope you (Intel Corporation) can fix this problem quickly. I'm really annoying about that problem.

Thanks and Best Regards,

vkhit

• 3. Re: [ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]
              Intel Corporation

You are very welcome. Thank you very much for providing that information. I just received some updates on this matter and the thing is that as mentioned previously, the ESXi OS was not validated by Intel, there are no testes done using that operating system and that is why there is no further suggestions or feedback about this scenario.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience, and I encourage all the peers viewing this thread that if the have further recommendations or comments about this matter, to post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R

• 4. Re: [ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]
                vkhit

Thanks for your reply and I don't have any further questions.

I hope may be this error will fix in future bios version.

Best Regards,

vkhit

• 5. Re: [ESXi Can't Shutdown Properly]
                  Intel Corporation

: You are very welcome. And yes, hopefully the error will get fixed in future BIOS releases. . Intel really appreciates all the feedback and suggestions provided by all the peers in our communities and I will send your comments to the proper department for them to be aware of them.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                  Alberto R