4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 2:05 AM by Intel Corporation

intel galileo gen 2 port client broken

ck47ss

my micro USB port unfortunately broke it was soldier but it is not detected, there is some other way to upload

a sketch to intel galileo 2 and try with FTDI ft232r cable but it does not detect it either. which can be another solution

I also have another intel card galileo gen 2 but does not turn on any led

HELP ME ! please

IMG_20171109_170116791.jpg

• 1. Re: intel galileo gen 2 port client broken
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Jorge

Thank you for your interest in Intel products.
          Try following the steps below:

How to - Use Galileo Linux with only an Ethernet cable directly connected between laptop and Galileo

1. Attach the Ethernet cable directly from the Galileo to your Laptop.
          2. Create a new sketch. In the setup function – 

1. Start the telnet server on Galileo (system("telnetd -l /bin/sh");)
            3. Give Galileo eth0 an IP address in the Link Local Address range 169.254.x.x (system("ifconfig eth0 169.254.1.1 netmask 255.255.0.0 up");)
          3. Link Local Automatic addressing will assign your Windows or Mac an IP address, usually taking no longer than a minute. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address .
          4. Use putty or any Telnet client to connect to Galileo using the IP address you assigned to Galileo eth0.

How to – Use Galileo Linux using an Ethernet cable and a home network Router(DHCP server)

1. Attach Galileo to your router(DHCP server) using an Ethernet cable.
            2. Create a new sketch –

a. In setup function - Start the telnet server on Galileo (system("telnetd -l /bin/sh");)                                                                                                                                                                                     b.In Loop - Call ifconfig and redirect the output to ttyGS0 (system("ifconfig eth0 > /dev/ttyGS0");)  so you can view Galileo’s IP address on the serial Monitor. We call this in the loop function because the serial monitor closes on sketch upload                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              3. Use putty or any Telnet client to connect to Galileo using the IP address returned on the Serial Monitor from ifconfig.
          2nd.png

Let me know if it works.

Regards,
          Alexandra
          • 2. Re: intel galileo gen 2 port client broken
            ck47ss

At the moment of uploading the sketch an error appears, because it does not detect the serial port.

I directly connect the network cable to the computer but it does not work.

please help me

2.png

• 4. Re: intel galileo gen 2 port client broken
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Jorge

Which FTDI cable are you using? Please make sure you are using the correct baud rate for the Galileo board, and has the FTDI drivers installed.
              Do you happen to know why the FTDI cable is not working properly on the board? 
              Also, check the guide below:
              https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-galileo-windows-step3

Let me know if it works.

Regards,
              Alexandra