Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

updating driver ?

dinge1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a PC Asus M32CD with Windows 10 Home with fall creator update.

I have problems with my RST-service not running. After reinstalling the driver it worked for a few days.

Actual driver is version 14.6.0.1029

Question : Is it safe update to version 15.8.1.1007 ?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi thanks for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe) support , checking the specs of your computer PC Asus M32CD , this equipment is not compatible with RSTe , the software compatible for that equipment is the RST consumer version . We Will forward your request to the RST consumer support. They will be contacting you soon as posible ,suring business hours from 7 AM to 5 PM (US Pacific Time) .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi 19daniel43: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, we recommend to install the Intel® RST version validated by ASUS, which is version 15.5.0.1051, that version was tested specifically for the platform that you are using, please look for it under utilities:

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/VivoPC-M32CD/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/VivoPC-M32CD/HelpDesk_Download/

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
dinge1
Beginner

Hello Alberto R

Thanks for your reply.

Remark : update for RST validated by Asus 15.5.0.1051 is for Kabylake processors.

My PC runs on Intel Core i5-6400 Skylake 14nm technology processor

Question : Can I update with update 15.5.0.1051 ?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi 19daniel43: You are welcome. Yes, you can update the Intel® RST version to 15.5.0.1051, since the application is actually related to the chipset on the board not the processor. Please back up any important information before doing the upgrade if you are currently running a RAID configuration.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos