10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 9:45 AM by Intel Corporation

Texture bug?

rubilacx

I'm using a 3D graphic editor program that uses OpenGL.  After updating to the Skull Canyon NUC6I7KYK on 4 machines, this program is now having an issue.

Whenever we click a texture it changes ALL the textures in the 3D model to that texture.  Almost like the NUC has a graphics bug that is causing the most recent texture loaded to overwrite all the other textures for display.

I have downloaded the latest graphics drivers.  Anybody have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Texture bug?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I am sorry to hear this issue.

I would like to have a confirmation of your current drivers, please run the following tool and attach the results.
          Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Is there a link where I can download a demo of the 3D program? Can you provide step by step information about this texture issue?

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.

• 2. Re: Texture bug?
            rubilacx

See attached for the configuration and a before/after picture.  Here is some more information:

-We have installed Windows 10 on a different computer and this bug does not exist (we were wondering if it was just windows 10).

-We took out one stick of RAM to see if 16GB RAM would fix the problem, it didn't help.

-The program is an older version and expensive... I can get you a trial copy if there is a way to communicate off the forums with you?

-It appears like the textures are overwriting all the other previous textures in memory for that program.  It lasts even beyond when we close the model and re-open it (*without closing the program).

In the attached pictures this is a sample model that comes with the program.  You can see the "before" picture has a texture palette like a delivery truck.  The "after" picture is when we load another texture of a grey texture, and it causes all the other loaded textures to display like the grey texture.  This is a very simple example... but when the model has dozens of different textures loaded... it gets very bad when all the textures are overwritten in the display to whatever the latest loaded texture is.

Question... Is there a way to disable the graphics drivers completely or the hardware acceleration?  Is there a way to do more testing on our end to see if it might be the graphics drivers?

Otherwise, can I email you offline to work on this to a resolution?

• 3. Re: Texture bug?
              Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx,

Thank you for the pictures and the report. I will take a look at them and will inform if I need anything else.
              Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.

• 4. Re: Texture bug?
                Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx,

I am still running some updates and researching this matter. I will update this thread as news become available.
                Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.

• 5. Re: Texture bug?
                  rubilacx

Thank you.  Please let me know if we can assist with more information.  I am also trying to send you a PM (edit: I guess that isn't possible)

• 6. Re: Texture bug?
                    Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx,

I have sent a private message, please check your Inbox.

Allan J.

• 7. Re: Texture bug?
                      Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx, 

I would like to forward this information to the appropriate team but I will need the following details.
                      https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Thank you for your time.
                      Allan J.

• 8. Re: Texture bug?
                        Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx, 

I was wondering if you had the chance to fill out the requested form. This will help to move this issue to the appropriate support team.

Regards,
                        Allan J.

• 9. Re: Texture bug?
                          rubilacx

The latest release of the software package has corrected the issue.  It must have been a bug in the software rather than the NUC.  Thank you for your support!

• 10. Re: Texture bug?
                            Intel Corporation

Hi rubilacx,

Great information, thank you for letting us know this has been solved by updating the software package.

Regards,

Allan J.