1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2017 11:54 AM by Intel Corporation

Nuc7i dual monitor

BadPasswordRule

I would love to buy a NUC7i5 but can’t find a list of
      multiple USB-C (Display port) to HDMI Cable to select from, I do understand I
      can only need and use ONE.  I also see
      many post on https://communities.intel.com
      about usb-c to HDMI cables that don’t work.
      Not going to buy one until I can confirm a cable to buy.  Also, this ONE ISSUE has me researching other
      NUC like computer that hopefully have 2 video ports like any combination of
      HDMI and DisplayPort.  Also, kind of HATE
      the idea of tying up my One Thunderbolt 3 port for an HDMI Cable would have preferred
      to give up an USB 3 port for DisplayPort.
      I also find the information about this on https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005571/mini-pcs.html
      completely inaccurate because it implies you can connect two monitors with
      PURELY HDMI Cables and yet the NUC7i5 only have one.  And the link to the  Multiple Display Configuration Wizard completely
      has no info on any of the NUC7’s

OR like a number of laptops I have seen have 2 USB-C / Thunderbolt Ports

• 1. Re: Nuc7i dual monitor
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi BadPasswordRule

I understand you are trying to get an Intel® NUC for dual monitor configuration. Thank you for choosing Intel products. Let me help you on this matter.

For dual display configuration, you need HDMI or Display Port connections or the USB Type C port. This is what Intel is offering on the NUC7i5 models. It would be a good idea to have the USB type C just a transfer data port.

You can find a list of tested peripherals for the Intel® NUC here

Additionally, you can keep checking this post for recommendations provided by other peers.
          Hope you can find something useful for your computer needs.

Regards,
          Allan J.