Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Black screen after installing Intel Iris Graphics 6100 drivers, how to fix this?

MH_
Beginner

Hi,

Recently my screen went black during playing Age of Empires 3 (which had not been an issue in the +/- 2 years before). The issue was resolved by removing the Intel Graphics drivers and by running the default Microsoft basic driver. When I tried installing the Intel drivers my screen went black again, although the notebook does boot in safe mode; again removing the Intel Graphics drivers and I could login again.

I would like to run the Intel drivers though as I cannot run certain programs with the default MS drivers (like SketchUp), but have not been able to find a solution as of yet.

I run a Medion akoya E6418 notebook with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed, an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz and an Intel Iris 6100 Graphics card.

I tried installing the (2015) Intel graphics driver for this laptop from the Medion website which used to work before, but during instal: black screen.

Same when installing the most recent or older versions for this graphics card from the Intel website: black screen.

Attached the dxdiag file I have just ran.

Any ideas how I could fix this and use the Intel graphics card again?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try the new driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=80939 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

0 Kudos
MH_
Beginner

I tried that one and the two previous versions, but none help. The moment the install is about to be completed my screen turns black. When I reboot in safe mode and remove the Intel drivers and reboot to normal mode my screen works like it should, but on MS default drivers and not via the Intel drivers....

0 Kudos