2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2017 5:53 AM by martijn2017

Black screen after installing Intel Iris Graphics 6100 drivers, how to fix this?

martijn2017

Hi,

Recently my screen went black during playing Age of Empires 3 (which had not been an issue in the +/- 2 years before). The issue was resolved by removing the Intel Graphics drivers and by running the default Microsoft basic driver. When I tried installing the Intel drivers my screen went black again, although the notebook does boot in safe mode; again removing the Intel Graphics drivers and I could login again.

I would like to run the Intel drivers though as I cannot run certain programs with the default MS drivers (like SketchUp), but have not been able to find a solution as of yet.

I run a Medion akoya E6418 notebook with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed, an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz and an Intel Iris 6100 Graphics card.

I tried installing the (2015) Intel graphics driver for this laptop from the Medion website which used to work before, but during instal: black screen.

Same when installing the most recent or older versions for this graphics card from the Intel website: black screen.

Attached the dxdiag file I have just ran.

Any ideas how I could fix this and use the Intel graphics card again?