3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 3:09 PM by MDV55

Problems with Integrator Toolkit on NUC5CPYH

BasdenBoer

Hi,

I have problems with creating a custom bios file. I have a NUC5PYH and when using this cmd line: "itk6.efi -b -x MyCustomBios.bio -il MyLogo.jpg" then I get "There was an issue creating/opening the .bio: MyCustomBios.bio.

When Using "itk6.efi -b -x MyCustomBios.bio -ic -il MyLogo.jpg" I get "There was an issue getting the current BIOS custom settings"

I have the PY0064 Firmware.

Please help?

Thanks,

Bas den Boer

NC Automatisering

• 1. Re: Problems with Integrator Toolkit on NUC5CPYH
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We will do our best to try to assist you with this subject.

In order to provide the most accurate response, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: Problems with Integrator Toolkit on NUC5CPYH
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to let you know that we tried to replicate the issue in our lab, and actually the Intel® ITK tool worked without any problems. What we did was to enter the following command: “ itk6.efi –b –x myCustomBio.bio –ib KY0042.bio(replace this for the latest Bios version as a .bio) –il myLogo.jpg (replace this for the imported image)”. Remember that the image cannot exceed 60Kb and must be either 1920x1080p or 120x120
            When the .BIO file is ready just run the BIOS update and wait for the prompts and then the image will show up.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto R

• 3. Re: Problems with Integrator Toolkit on NUC5CPYH
              MDV55

Having just spent a bit of time adding splash screens to my customized .bio yesterday, I wanted to clarify a bit on the size of the image. The comment above says "must be either 1920x1080p or 120x120" and I think that is overly restrictive and could be more correctly stated as:

• Height - minimum 120, maximum 1080
              • Width - minimum 120, maximum 1920

I built (test) .bio yesterday with images dimension of 307x230, 409x307, and 512x384. The final .bio for production has a 1024x768 -- all work fine. There is a bit more info in the notes I wrote up to share my learning at this link: https://communities.intel.com/thread/120671