Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.
I understand that you are having issues to detect a second monitor connected to an Intel® HD Graphics 630 controller.
Please let me know if you are using a splitter, a docking station, or any kind of adapters to connect the second monitor.
Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:
- In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
- In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
- Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
- Attach to this thread the file
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am connecting my DELL laptop to external monitor by using HDMI to Display port. Please see the attachment for more information. Thanks.
DxDiag.txt.zip 16.1 K
Thank you for the information provided. I understand that you are using an HDMI® to DisplayPort™ adapter or cable. Please bear in mind that Intel® does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem. There is actually a more recent version than the one installed in your system.
It is good idea to uninstall and remove the current driver, and then manually install the latest driver. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
- On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Then, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
- Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27266/a08/win64_15600.4849.zip
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Click "Have Disk".
- Click "Browse".
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
- Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.