Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Limit YCbCr to 4:2:0/4:2:2?

MLund3
Novice

Is there anyway to limit the output from a HD Graphics 630 to YCbCr to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 output?

Setting the quantization to limited doesn´t do any difference.

Any register hack or any other setting I have missed?

Thanks for help in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello markuslundgren,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community.

From our end the documentation available for this feature refers to its specification and on how to enable or disable from the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel, I was unable to find any hack or special setting in order to limit it.

Find more documentation here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html Intel® Core™ Processors Technical Resources

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MLund3
Novice

Thanks for your answer!

I think both nvidia and amd has that choice in their graphics drivers.

I was thinking that maybe faking an EDID-information could make the driver limit the output.

The case could be that the driver doesen't identify the display right when connected though a reciever.

An other option would be connecting the computer directly to the tv and a second hdmi-cable to the reciever to be used as sound out. Don't if that would work....

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119604 markuslundgren, sure.

At this stage maybe the community can help adding more information for this specific set up.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119604 markuslundgren, I would like to inform you that we are aware that customers want the option to limit YCbCr sampling output to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0, and as mentioned currently this is not available in our Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. Based on this, Intel wants to hear your feedback and for this purpose we have created a space where you can do so. The thread is constantly monitored in order to capture all the feedback regarding our Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel, if you would like post any request regarding YCbCr sampling you are more than invited to join.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MLund3
Novice

Thanks for the answer!

I have submitted my wishes in the thread you referred to.

with kind regards

/Markus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119604 markuslundgren, sure! Thank you for posting there.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos