3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2017 11:32 AM by Intel Corporation

MacOS Guest access fail

YRMC_GUY

Having some issues with guest access on mac os.. the app installs fine but when anyone clicks the Guest Join link followed by allow on the pop up Intel Unite app opens then closes real fast. There are some entries in the system log about"Could not store lsd-identifiers  due to deny access on /private/tmp ... Anyone have this issue before? I have duplicated the issue on 2 devices. with both the app from the Unite Hub and the app store. Please help!

• 1. Re: MacOS Guest access fail
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello YRMC_GUY,

I understand you are having issues with guest access on Macintosh computers.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to assist you better I would like to gather the following information:

• Intel Unite® app version.
          • Mac OSX version.
          • Model of the computers.
          • Operating system you have installed in the hub.
          • Model number of the computer you are using as hub.

Regards,
          Fred D.
          • 2. Re: MacOS Guest access fail
            YRMC_GUY

Client App is version 3.2

MacOSX El Capitan on MacBook Pro

The hub is HP Elite Slice running windows 10

The hub works great with windows. This process only fails on mac devices. We are able to connect to the guest network and download the Client, it installs okay too. When Clicking "Guest Join" We get a popup that reads, "Do you want this page to open Intel Unite." To which Allow is selected and it falis.

• 3. Re: MacOS Guest access fail
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello YRMC_GUY,

Thanks for the information you sent to me.

Let me do further research about this and come back to you.  I will post information on this forum thread as soon as I have it.

Regards,
              Fred D.