Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Windows 10 Display Too Big for Monitor (HDTV) Intel Graphics 630

BPhil3
Beginner

Hi, All -

I've had this issue since purchasing my new PC.

DETAILS ON PRODUCT:

HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-P030

Lubin Motherboard (Chipset H270, Processor socket LGA 1151)

Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz

12 GB RAM DDR4-2400 PC4-19200

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630

I'm connected by HDMI cable from the PC to my Magnavox 39" 720p HDTV.

My screen cannot contain the entire display. It's been normal and fit on the screen before, but I disconnected then reconnected the HDMI cable and now the resolution is now stuck at a size that obscures the edges of the working area.

Trouble is that I can't see the edges of the display area, as it bleed off the edge of the screen. So my Windows button, minimize/maximize/close buttons on every window and any icons in the edges of any window are completely inaccessible.

I've been everywhere trying to find a fix for this. HP has been unhelpful, giving me all kinds of super-basic suggestions that don't address the main problem - there's no adjustment to fix this.

None of the available or customized screen resolutions to me will address the problem properly (either in the Intel software or Windows Display settings).

Troubleshooting doesn't recognize that there's any problem.

I've uninstalled the graphics driver and restarted to allow Windows 10 to re-install the driver.

I did the same thing with the display driver.

Biggest problem I have is that everything I've seen thus far doesn't address Intel HD Graphics 630 and it's settings.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update promised to address some of these problems. No dice.

I was able to update the graphics driver after the Fall Creators Update - didn't help.

I uninstalled the display driver again and restarted to allow Windows 10 to re-install the driver. Nothing.

There's no overscan (either on the tv or the software) occurring and Intel HD doesn't have an adjustment that allows me to fix *with* overscan so that I can adjust the size of the display.

Does anyone know how to address this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to see my entire display again. A brand new PC should work properly - but it doesn't.

Thanks!

Pax, harmonia,

Brian G. Philbin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi BGPhilbin: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best in order to try to fix this problem.

At this point you tried almost all the troubleshoot steps that we recommend to try to fix this issue. You mentioned you already re-install the latest graphics driver, just to make sure, on the link below you will find the version 4849, after the installation of it, please verify the resolutions available to choose the proper one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=98909 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=98909

If the problem persists after that, since you are using an HP computer, we actually recommend to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of it and try the steps above once again:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/15741055 https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/15741055

Additionally, even though this is also a very basic suggestion, most of the monitors have an option or setting to increase or decrease the size of the display, sometimes the size of the screen gets bigger that it should, we had some cases where the issue was related to that feature.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BGPhilbin: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
BPhil3
Beginner

This problem has persisted. For almost a year.

While the display will sometimes revert to fit within the HDTV, if the slightest change occurs, the display freaks out.

For example, if the television is not on the moment that the PC is turned on, then it will only display very thin white lines on a black background.

Or, if the correct input isn't chosen while the PC is booting up, it will then revert to a standard def TV ratio (4:3).

It astounds me that a PC that is perfectly capable of displaying on most any HDTV is so confounded by a simple task: fit to screen area.

What gives, Intel? Can't you do better than this?

Isn't there anyone out there who can help solve what should be the most basic premise of display? Fitting on the display?

Pax, harmonia,

BGPhilbin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BGPhilbin,

Thank you for posting again in our Intel ® Community.

I understand that your issue persists and it might be a little frustrating.

I would like to investigate deeper your issue, so please provide me a full report of the current settings through our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Please generate both reports with all the components of your setup connected (including the Magnavox 39" 720p HDTV)

In order to work on the issue replication, please go ahead and provide us with the required information for reporting Graphics issues as specified /thread/77761 here.

To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
BPhil3
Beginner

It took me three days of my own PC time to research and address the concern. The packets that you had previously provided were unable to be installed on my HP PC.

Hewlett-Packard had finally translated the data into an update that I could obtain through their website that would work on my machine.

The issue is corrected, but only with direct control of overscan correction for the 1280 x 720 resolution. This was not available with the original or updated driver.

Thank you for the response.

Pax, harmonia,

Brian G. Philbin

0 Kudos