0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 3:02 PM by NUC_user2017

Integrator Toolkit, Custom Splash Screen, and .BIN files

NUC_user2017

I'm using ITK 6.1.6 and I've run into a snag regarding the OEM Product Key. I'm supposed to convert the OEM Product Key into a  .BIN file that must be exactly 49 bytes in size. The Integrator Toolkit User Guide (Version 6.1.6) says this can be obtained from Microsoft. I've spoken to three different people at Microsoft who say any OEM Product Key support is handled by the manufacturer only and not by them.

Online documentation for Windows 10 ADK (Assessment and Development Kit) mentions the use of OA3Tool (OEM Activation Tools 3) to perform this conversion, but running oa3tool.exe does nothing more than flash a command prompt screen for a fraction of a second and then disappears. I am waiting to hear back from Microsoft on how to run this executable.

I've tried to import a custom splash screen file, and have successfully created a JPEG that does not return an error code, but the process will not complete without the .BIN file.

Has anyone has success in getting this to work?

I have a NUC7i7BNH and NUC6i5SYK. Any information and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.