9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2017 2:25 PM by NUC_user2017

Integrator assistant

NUC_user2017

I've attempted to run Integrator Assistant on my NUC7i7BNH and my NUC6i5SYK, but in both instances it crashes my machine and forces it to restart.

Are there any plans on releasing an updated Integrator Assistant that is compatible with either the NUC7i7BNH or the NUC6i5SYK?

• 1. Re: Integrator assistant
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We will do our best in order to try to assist you with this subject.

Just to make sure, are you referring to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant or the Intel® Integrator Tool or ITK?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: Integrator assistant
            NUC_user2017

Thanks for responding Alberto,

As of last month this link used to work:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18672/Intel-Integrator-Assitant

I found it as a result of watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-A-FyIV5w

I was able to download the installer, but it crashed my machine when I tried to run it.

As for ITK, I've tried to use it to update my splash screen, but it asks for the .BIN file of the OEM Product Key when I tried to set the new JPEG. I'm currently in the middle of trying to learn the command line code I need to use in OA3Tool.exe so that I can create that .BIN file, but it's been slow going due to lack of spare time.

Any suggestions on getting the splash screen graphic changed out without having to worry with the injection of the .BIN file through ITK would be greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: Integrator assistant
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

You are very welcome. In regard to the Intel® driver and support assistant, we are currently working in fixing some problems with the tool.

In reference to your second question, please download the zip file on the link below, verify the PDF file on page 13 for the steps to update the splash screen:
              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26307/NUCs-Intel-Integrator-Toolkit

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R

• 4. Re: Integrator assistant
                MrMitch

Are you using ITK 6?  If you are using ITK 5 in Windows then it will not work correctly on NUCs from the last few years and later. The only supported version is ITK 6.1.6 at the moment. This is an EFI Shell program for setting SYSTEM and CHASSIS SMBIOS fields and changing the Splash Screen graphic and adding an OA3 OEM Windows Product key BIN file to the BIOS.

If all you want to do is change the splash screen the program should not be asking for a BIN file at all.  It needs a JPEG or GIF or BMP I believe.

The OA3 BIN file I think can be created using the OPK from Microsoft.

OEM deployment of Windows 10 for desktop editions | Microsoft Docs

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Integrator assistant
                  NUC_user2017

Yes, 6.1.6. I'm not at a place where I can access that NUC at the moment, but I'm guessing this is the syntax from looking at the user guide:

ITK6.efi -il myLogo.jpg

Please let me know if I am wrong about that or if I'm leaving something out.

Thank you kindly for your reply.

• 6. Re: Integrator assistant
                    NUC_user2017

I'm not sure what I've left out, but this syntax gives me an error code that lists examples of syntax usage.

• 7. Re: Integrator assistant
                      N.Scott.Pearson

That command is invalid. Remember that the command is for placing a logo image into a .BIO file; it does not support inserting logo into current system's BIOS. Thus, you got syntax error because no specification of .BIO file.

Here is the full syntax of the command:

ITK6.efi –b –x myCustomBio.bio –il myLogo.jpg

Where:

“-b” is the flag for the BIOS Update File Creation feature

“-x” is the flag for choosing the name of the BIOS update file that will be exported

• If the current directory already has a file with that filename, there is a choice to either overwrite the existing file or exit the program
                          • Note that “.bio” must be appended to the end of the filename

“-il” is the flag for choosing the logo file (.JPG) to import

• The max size of the file (.JPG) is 60KB
                          • The minimum resolution is 120 x 120 pixels
                          • The maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels
                          • Note that “.jpg” must be appended to the end of the filename
                          • In order to revert back to the default logo of your product use one of the included images within the Intel_Default_Splash_Screen folder.

Hope this helps,

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Integrator assistant
                        NUC_user2017

Thanks, Scott. That was very helpful. From there, I'd just type "exit" and I'm done, correct?

Also, what's the best method for rebooting back into the visual BIOS so that I can uncheck the UEFI boot option? F1, F2, and F10 bring me back to the UEFI boot.

• 9. Re: Integrator assistant
                          NUC_user2017

Please disregard that second question. I was able to go back and turn off the UEFI boot.