Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

RST Service Not Running

NKrut1
Beginner

Hi,

Not sure if I've done this right. Hope it reaches Fred. I did a scan and I have attached the text file.

Noreen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Neenie,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our Rapid Storage Technology Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this service.

I would like to share with you some steps that could address this matter, please see below;

By default, Intel® RST is set to Automatic (Delayed Start). Follow these steps to change the Startup type:

1. Go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology Properties.
  2. Select the General tab.
  3. Change the Startup type to Automatic.
  4. Click Apply and OK to save.

In case you need to re-install the Intel® RST, you may try with the compatible version from Dell: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=NGJJW Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Driver Details | Dell US

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NKrut1
Beginner

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions re going into properties however the option to "Change starter type" was not there.

Is it safe to uninstall RST Service Technology and reinstall it. It asks are you sure, etc. and when I see that I back out, because no I'm not sure. I went to the Dell link and it stated it was for Windows 8. I have Windows 10.

I'm not tech savvy and I'm still confused. What did my evaluation tell you?

Thank you,

Neeni

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Neeni,

Thank you for letting me know that the option is not available. Please try this one more time, let me explain this options. This is a setting needs to be changed in Windows* services. And, you can open Windows* services by pressing WinLogo key + r, type in services.msc, then press Enter. Look for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology service, double click on it, and then follow steps on the website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005794/technologies.html. The steps on the link are the same steps mentioned above.

It is safe to uninstall and re-install. The version provided is the one that Dell's site shows for your operating system, you can filter it and find it here: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/vostro-3460/drivers. If you scroll down and find "Supported Operating Systems" it states Windows® 10, 64-bit

The report you provided scans for system and device information only, it does not run any diagnose on the hardware.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NKrut1
Beginner

Amy and all who have replied to my issue - Thank you so much! Once I was able to find the file Amy, all your steps helped. My Intel Rapid Storage Technology is now working. Yeah! Happy dance!

Neenie

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Neenie, that is good to hear! Thank you for letting us know is fixed.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos