Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problem: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC8265 not working with active external monitor on notebook

SSusi
Beginner

Hi!

I have a ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550V with Windows 10 Pro. It has an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC8265.

The Zenbook has the possibility to connect an extrenal monitor via a HDMI plug.

When I connect and activate an external monitor (either duplicated or extended or single desktop) the internet access via WIFI is not working anymore. The WIFI signals that a good and strong internet connection exists but internet browsers (different broweser) or email clients cannot acces the internet.

In the windows event viewer there is a flood of System Errors: "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265: Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly. (Source: Netwtw06, Event Id: 5002)"

As soon as I decativate the external monitor the system errors stops and I can access the internet.

I made sure that I installed all Windows 10 updates as well as all driver updates.

How to solve the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Susie242,

We understand that you're having issues connecting to the internet while using HDMI to connect an external monitor.

Our main recommendation with this type of issues is to work with your computer manufacturer, as it may be hardware issue, such a defective adapter.

From our end, we can recommend making sure that your UEFI BIOS is fully updated. You may also try a clean installation of your wireless drivers:

1. Download and save our latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27203/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for your adapter.

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.

5. Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software that was downloaded back in step one.

6. Reboot your computer.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Susie242,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Where you able to work with your computer manufacturer to resolve this issue?

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
DScar2
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue with a ACER Aspire s7-392. Windows 10 64 bits. The wireless adapter is the dual band N-7260 and the drivers installed the 18.133.11.2

If I plug in the HDMI the wifi stops working.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dscarlat,

We understand you're experiencing an issue similar to Susie242, where you're unable to use your WiFi and your HDMI port simultaneously.

- Is this a new issue, or is it possible that you never noticed before? (never used the HDMI port until recently, for example).

- Have you recently upgraded or replaced any of your computer's hardware components?

- Does the issue occur when you're working on battery power, while plugged in, or both?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
DScar2
Beginner

Hi Carlos, yes same as Susie242, already reported to ACER by others in the past:

1-I may have not noticed before.

2-no changes in my hardware, juts the Windows updates.

3-is the same on battery and plugged.

If you have any suggestion...

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dscarlat,

Based on those links, this may be a problem with the motherboard used on your laptop.

If that's the case, any troubleshooting aimed at your wireless adapter may not be much use.

Your computer manufacturer will serve as your primary source of support for hardware problems.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos