7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 8:34 AM by Intel Corporation

Create RAID Volume option not available

MartinBuhler

When connecting to the RAID controller configuration screen from the BIOS of our DELL OptiPlex 3050, we don't have the option to create a RAID volume. Both disks we have installed are visible (RaidController.PNG).

It's not according to the instructions on how to setup the RAID (How to Configure Raid on a Dell Desktop PC | Dell US ) where we see an option "Create RAID Volume" (Point 4.3 in Section "Newer Desktops sold with Windows 8/10 installed on UEFI")

In the Disk Manager (DiskManager.PNG) we can see that on Disk 0 we have the OS (Windows 10 Pro) installed and still some unpartitioned space. The entire Disk 1 is unpartitioned.

Also in Windows in the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" application we don't see a link to create the volume (RSTwithoutLink.PNG). It seem to me that it should look rather like on the picture "RSTwithLink.PNG" that I found on the internet.

In the BIOS we have SATA Operation set to "RAID On".

Thanks for any input. If I can't make this work I will have to buy an additional dedicated RAID controller.

Message was edited by: Martin Bühler (SystemReport.txt added)