We understand you have recently upgraded your home network and are now having issues connecting your Windows 7* system to your wireless network using the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230.
To increase compatibility with your wireless adapter, even if (or specially since) it's a brand new setup it's important to make sure that your WiFi System is using the latest firmware:
- Upgrading the firmware of your Velop* system - linksys.com
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
In order to better assist you, we would also like to take a better look at your current system configuration and settings. Please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility, and select the option to scan everything. You will then be able to save and manually upload the report generated.
To enable attachments, you will need to use the advanced editor while replying.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thank you for this report. It seems that your driver is a bit outdated. Since you're having issues, instead of simply installing the latest version let's try a clean installation:
1. Download and save our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for your adapter:
1. For Wireless: WiFi_Win7_64_19.70.0.exe
2. For Bluetooth®: BT_Win7_64_17.1.1411.exe
2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth." If prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else (unless you're ok with the extra wait) then press OK.
5. Install both of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software packages that you downloaded back in step one.
6. Reboot your computer.
Let us know if the issue continues after this.
We're glad to hear!
If you run into any other problems and need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us again.